Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kratos - God of War
This is a tough one.. its no surprise that it cannot be found anywhere in the world wide web, but what surprises me is that i could not find even discussion topics about ripping atemps or projects.. maybe its impossible to rip it but it does not hurt to ask..

can it be done?

are the console sistems that god of war games were released still unreachble for our current ripping softwares?

this is what i first belived but i noticed sections in the website that has models from ps2 and psp.. so.. they are rippable right?

Thanked by:
THis isn't the place to make a request, you would do so here. However, you need minimum 20 posts, so get those two more posts and ask again here.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
(03-17-2011, 11:58 AM)Rakia Wrote: THis isn't the place to make a request, you would do so here. However, you need minimum 20 posts, so get those two more posts and ask again here.

That's not what he's asking though. He's asking whether its possible to get a model from a game and how you would do it which is completely fine for me.

Anyways, this site: http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/ has info on ripping GOW2 models although a lot of the process would have to be done manually and UV's wouldn't come out correct. You would also need to find a way to get the textures.

However I DO know that its possible to rip a fully rigged and textured model of Kratos from Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, but everything is packed into an .epk file in the ISO. I don't know what you could use to extract the .epk, but I know that once its extracted you can use Noesis to convert its models.
Thanked by:
oh mah bad!!
im human. sorry
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
(03-17-2011, 05:58 PM)Rakia Wrote: oh mah bad!!
im human. sorry

Heh I'm not bothered or anything. But I can understand what you were trying to do since a lot of people do come here and actually request stuff.
Thanked by:
Wait... I have Soul Caliber Broken Destiny. The models in that are just GMO? Heck if so I may look into it.
Thanked by:
There is a basic extraction tutorial for "God of War II". If you ask 3dformat nicely for a more in-depth tutorial, they might give you one.
Thanked by:
this is GOLD! man !thanks a lot i am so in that site right now.. i never tough rippers had things soo steped up like this...

riping from ps2 game.. thats.. like... alien tecnology ,man!!

oh and Zerox.. you seem to know how to rip models from psp games (im assuming this because you reconigzed the gmo file extention)

were you responsible for the final fantasy dissidia rips?
Thanked by:
(03-18-2011, 01:33 AM)Zerox Wrote: Wait... I have Soul Caliber Broken Destiny. The models in that are just GMO? Heck if so I may look into it.

I'm not sure that they're GMO, but all of the games important files are in one of those Criware compressed archives. Its an .epk and I've no idea about any program that can extract it.

Thing is, I'm going off assumptions to be honest, but this screenshot that Casaroja posted on his site is obviously Soul Calibur 4's design for Ivy although Noesis doesn't seem to open my Soul Calibur 4 360 files in any state of of compression or encryption. I suppose it COULD be the PS3 version of the game or something, but it certainly isn't the 360 version and no other Soul Calibur game uses that design for her as far as I know.
Thanked by:
donno why you keep giving people links to fanfurry's blog. some may mistake that information and think its for a model converter/viewer.

the information is useless to people without a background in programming. his posts are cryptic even for me, and I have previous experience on reading models from binary data.

also, fanfurrys methods are somewhat unconventional. he takes the data from the game's savestate. so the data he's describing could be a different data type, or located in random place in the savestate. usually a ps2 RAM save is 50mb, zlib compressed.

and if it was me, I would target the PS3 port of GOW, I'm not sure if the models were upgraded. but the textures would be Genki ^_^
cause on the ps2, even if you successed in getting the geometry, lol good luck getting the textures. ps2 uses palette based texture formats. ps3 would use more mainstream formats. like dds or tga.

oh, and noesis should open SC4 models, though if you get your hands on the PSP models, those would be more usable.. the 360/ps3 ones require alot of TLC... <_< notice how they're always depicted black and white in noeisis.. yeah you'd need to colour them manually. I putout a guide on setting them up in max, but even still you would need to bake the entire model, in order to re-use it anywhere else.
sorry english bad....
-> GIVE ME MODELS !! <- Cry
Thanked by:
Thing is, there's not much else to give anyone other than that though. You're right though that it almost may as well be nothing in some ways since its so difficult and vague and doesn't even get a model with UV's.

The problem with him using SCIV models is that Kratos wasn't in that game though.

As for the manual coloring, I can't say I hate it, especially considering that ingame they used that technique to make one of the best custom character creators in any game.
Thanked by:
how can you hate, or not hate something.. lol you haven't even gotten the models into a 3d editor..
besides that you played the game, and enjoyed customizing a character. if recycle one of these models, you have to do triple the work
sorry english bad....
-> GIVE ME MODELS !! <- Cry
Thanked by:
(03-18-2011, 07:56 PM)mariokart64n Wrote: how can you hate, or not hate something.. lol you haven't even gotten the models into a 3d editor..
besides that you played the game, and enjoyed customizing a character. if recycle one of these models, you have to do triple the work

I've gotten it in a 3d editor before, I have a few SCIV models on the site. Its not like I haven't dealt with that stuff anyway before with Halo models for example.
Thanked by:
that ivy screenshot ,you posted shadowth177, she is avaliable for download on the website right? i remember adding joints to a ivy model in milkshape 3D.. she had some pieces of polygons on her legs i just had to erase it
Thanked by:
It actually is very similar if not the same as the one I posted on the site now that I look at it. All I know is that Noesis refuses to open SCIV 360 files for me. I suppose I should have thought more before putting up a somewhat baseless assumption. Still, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if someone unpacked Broken Destiny's .epk and found the models in a format that's already been cracked for some time.
Thanked by: