Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Emulator from PC... help
Hello for all...
I always used emulators for SNES, Arcade games, Sega Genesis and such ... but didn't know it existed also emulator for PC games. I always thought that PC games ran normally on your computer, i.e. without the use of another program (emulator).
I tear up sprites of a PC game and must withdraw sparks and scenarios to facilitate my work. Come here to ask how these emulators for the PC.
What is the best?
There are tricks and cheating, as in MAME?

Thank you very much
Thanked by:
There are no emulators for PC games.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-14-2011, 12:13 PM)Kat Wrote: There are no emulators for PC games.

Wow, really? How do people rip from those games then? I can't see anyone taking thousands of screenshots to make one sheet, and not being able to disable layers or anything... and what if the BG is black?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Smile

(03-27-2010, 06:31 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: By making a memory dump of the game while it's running, and then opening the memory dump in TiledGGD. Cute
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Garamonde
Not to mention when I was ripping Melty Blood, There was a specific way to rip it other then file dumping. Sometimes it even depends on the game on what you do, but it is pointless to have an emulator for PC games because you can run PC games on your PC anyway
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by: Garamonde
(03-14-2011, 01:35 PM)Kat Wrote: but it is pointless to have an emulator for PC games because you can run PC games on your PC anyway

XD well, that means you have to buy the PC games then? Or can you download them somewhere?
Thanked by:
(03-14-2011, 01:58 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 01:35 PM)Kat Wrote: but it is pointless to have an emulator for PC games because you can run PC games on your PC anyway

XD well, that means you have to buy the PC games then? Or can you download them somewhere?

You can't possibly be naive enough to not know that piracy exists.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Maxpphire
(03-14-2011, 02:01 PM)Tachikoma Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 01:58 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:

You can't possibly be naive enough to not know that piracy exists.

...Well, um, look I never played a PC game before, and while I'm familiar with the term "pirate game", I've never actually heard what the term piracy exactly meant (I've heard the word and I know it's bad and has something to do with something illegal or whatever but I don't know much more than that), and don't say I'm dumb or naive for not knowing about something like that, I'm just not into all the news or whatever I guess.
Thanked by:
Thanks to all who read and answered.
Well then ... I wanted to know how to rip sprites of PC games.
As has been said here, the spriters get rip chars of these games. How is this done? Does anyone have a tutorial?
It would be very cumbersome to capture the entire screen and cut sprite per sprite.
Should have an easier way.
Thank you
Thanked by:
Well Adriano, it is best to do what Ark said "By making a memory dump of the game while it's running, and then opening the memory dump in TiledGGD."

You should be able to google these tutorials.

Mighty Jetters, You should always pay for games no matter what, not paying for them and just downloading them off the internet is pirating and thats essentially stealing and no offense but you are pretty naive for not knowing that because everyone who has ever used a computer generally know what pirating is.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
(03-14-2011, 02:48 PM)Kat Wrote: Mighty Jetters, You should always pay for games no matter what, not paying for them and just downloading them off the internet is pirating and thats essentially stealing and no offense but you are pretty naive for not knowing that because everyone who has ever used a computer generally know what pirating is.

I just never learned it, that's the reason. And I have not been all over the internet like you guys have either, I'm careful where I go usually. A few people out there might not know things that everyone else does, even if they use a computer but it doesn't mean they are naive or uneducated (I know about many things I shouldn't really know about at my age which I won't say). And if that's true then why is downloading ROMs okay?

EDIT: And I know a good bit about computers too.

EDIT 2: I already know it's some form of stealing or whatever just not all the details about it, so all I didn't know was a few quick details about it that was all, I am very aware of the whole "stealing/piracy/pirating is bad" part and stuff.
Thanked by:
Kat and Arkinea...
All right
Thank you very much
XD
Thanked by: Maxpphire
(03-14-2011, 03:01 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: EDIT: And I know a good bit about computers too.

Evidently not.
Are you twelve?
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-14-2011, 03:01 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 02:48 PM)Kat Wrote: Mighty Jetters, You should always pay for games no matter what, not paying for them and just downloading them off the internet is pirating and thats essentially stealing and no offense but you are pretty naive for not knowing that because everyone who has ever used a computer generally know what pirating is.

I just never learned it, that's the reason. And I have not been all over the internet like you guys have either, I'm careful where I go usually. A few people out there might not know things that everyone else does, even if they use a computer but it doesn't mean they are naive or uneducated (I know about many things I shouldn't really know about at my age which I won't say). And if that's true then why is downloading ROMs okay?

EDIT: And I know a good bit about computers too.

EDIT 2: I already know it's some form of stealing or whatever just not all the details about it, so all I didn't know was a few quick details about it that was all, I am very aware of the whole "stealing/piracy/pirating is bad" part and stuff.

I don't go all over the internet either. The main two websites that I visit are here and facebook. If you use a computer, you should know what Pirating is and if you actually read the Rules at all, it does clearly say that ROMs are illegal and that you may link to them but you cannot upload it as an attachment as we do not condone piracy here.

If you knew a good amount about computers, then you'd easily know what Piracy is and that ROMs are illegal. Also if you knew that then we couldn't be having this conversation right now.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
(03-14-2011, 02:19 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: ...Well, um, look I never played a PC game before, and while I'm familiar with the term "pirate game", I've never actually heard what the term piracy exactly meant (I've heard the word and I know it's bad and has something to do with something illegal or whatever but I don't know much more than that), and don't say I'm dumb or naive for not knowing about something like that, I'm just not into all the news or whatever I guess.

You're dumb and naive.
If not for knowing such basic computing concepts, for contributing absolutely nothing to what's supposed to be a help thread.

Here's an exercise - if there's a thread on a topic you don't know much (or anything) about , refrain form adding an inane wall of text to it. In fact, consider hard if you can add anything of worth to it at all. If not, don't goddamn post.

If I start to get complaints about this terrible posting habit of yours, I will start warning you for it.

Edit: Please don't make an additional post trying to backpedal or to apologise or whatever. Just take this on board and move on.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Chutzpar