Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NES duel
Exclamation 
Why do I find this so fun? I know we've had this sort of duel pretty recently, but I'm in the mood for another one. For those who don't remember this,

basically the challenge is to resize any NES sprite x4, add three of your own colors to its palette, then reshade it while keeping the blocky shape. ex:
[Image: metroidnesrevampprev.png]

Clcik for the thread we had last month. Anyone will tell you we had some pretty bitchin entries last time.

other Rules :
-The max amount of colors you can have is 6; whatever colors were in the original sprite + your own colors. i.e., if you do a multilayered sprite like say Mega Man, you can only add 1 of your own color.
-the colors you add are your own colors. They do NOT have to be from the NES palette.

Anyone's free to enter, just post your entry here by March 27th, 11:59 EST.
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
stickied, looking foward for multiple entries as the previous one.
Thanked by: X Gamer 66
Alright!, i was going to enter the last one but it was too late, i'll submit this for now (made it last month) but I have a feeling i'll be submitting something else later on.

[Image: IYDoU.png]

Ricky Slater? from Moon Crystal? (I'd never even heard of this game up till I found the sprites for it last month)
Thanked by: Gwen, McMaxxis, Kitsu
Gosh, every time this compo appears, I want to do a Fire Emblem sprite.

And, every time this compo appears, I'm reminded of how they contain so much black inside it that it's near impossible to make any of the details I add make any sense.
Thanked by:
Nice! I loved the last one, and will enter this. Maybe I should try a Duck Tales sprite this time... Hmm.
I claim Dr.Mario on this one. Looks to be a very interesting duel. For the black in the sprites do we have to keep it the way it is or can we color on that to?

Edit: Nevermind I looked at the last thread and found my answer
Thanked by:
Another one already? I hope I have enough time to get something done Tongue
someone suggest me a sprite
Thanked by:
[Image: WDPFR.gif]

wip
fuck

there's no way I'm going to win this but I'm going to make something this time
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Small reminder fellas, only 3 days left.

Sploder Wrote:Gosh, every time this compo appears, I want to do a Fire Emblem sprite.

And, every time this compo appears, I'm reminded of how they contain so much black inside it that it's near impossible to make any of the details I add make any sense.
You should give it a shot. It would be challenging but you could get like a million points for creativity if you pulled off something interesting. Cute
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
[Image: asterix.PNG]

Not very happy with it Sad

And yes, I do know that the actual Asterix doesn't look like that.
Thanked by: Vipershark, X Gamer 66, Nindo
[Image: dailydood.png]
made it in time!
heres Batman, from batman returns
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
omg Omega Cute

Also I think I'm gonna extend this a week, so we can hopefully see some more entries. Plus I haven't had time to work on mine myself Shy
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by: megaMasquerain
oh thankyouthankyouthankyou

I was halfway done with my entry when I saw you posted and I flipped out

extensions are good! Let's get some more entries Cute

[Image: baphomet.gif]

I was mostly screwing around, the lightsource isn't very consistent. I'm just happy I did something out of my comfort zone.