Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NEPETAQUEST 2011- spriting manpower needed
You may have heard of the inestimable webcomic site MS Paint Adventures.
You may have also heard of its mind-blowing adventure known as Homestuck.
Within Homestuck, you may have heard of the alien troll shipper Nepeta Leijon.
Additionally to all this, you may have read the question answered by the comic's creator, Andrew Hussie, which stated the following:
Quote:"There are major characters, and there are minor ones. If you're waiting for me to fire up NEPETAQUEST 2011, don't hold your breath."

Long story short: we're making this hapen. What started as a joke has somehow graduated into a full-fledged plan for an indie RPG game, with mote than a dozen active contributors.

This, however, is not quite enough contributors. We have two programmers, countless writers, and a handful of spriters working to make Nepetaquest 2011 a reality. This handful is disorganized and working slowly, because really there's only like five guys who can sprite over there.
Since we needed more spriters on the project, the first thing I did was head over here to get my request on. (Well, that's not strictly true- the first place I went was C Spriting but it turns out that place is dead as a doornail now- I need to keep up with the times.) Hopefully enough of you are interested in contributing to the project to speed up the work significantly.

NEPETAQUEST 2011

Current needs include battle animations (working from established base sprites), character portraits for dialogue screens, tilesets for the various levels, and a number of overworld objects and entities.

http://nepetaquest2011.wikispaces.com/Sprites
Since the forum rules expect me to post examples of my own contribution to the project, I provide the following:
[Image: vantaswalking.png][Image: walkingnepeta.png][Image: walkingpyrope.png][Image: walkingampora.png][Image: vriskawalk.png][Image: zahhakwalk.png][Image: makara2.png]
(-note: frames of animation derived from originals by contributor Cucurbita)

The rules also say not to post the work of others, and I'm not sure if that means more anti-plagiarism or something? And it also says not to advertise, but the project's current sprites reside at this wiki page, so it seems like a necessary reference.

Uh, so, the more I look at the forum's rules, the more this solicitation seems like it doesn't belong (advertising, nonreciprocal requests, etc.), and I suddenly feel like a complete jack--- posting this, but I think it's worth the risk to ask for some help here. I'm trying to tap as many resources as possible, but I feel kind of uncomfortable about this idea now. Should I even post it? This is starting to feel like a bad idea... Ok, no, I'm going to go ahead with this and not be an indecisive moron. Sorry, I guess.
Thanked by:
request
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I think you misunderstood the point of the sprite projects board, as this is a request.
Thanked by: