Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
3dvia and Dolphin
Exclamation 
I had some spare time to test 3dvia printscreen with dolphin, and I couldn't believe what I got with Metroid Prime 2:
[Image: spacepirate.png]
The model comes out T-POSED!!! Try it if you don't believe me. There is of course a problem, when I convert the model over to another format through 3ds max or blender, the model is saved as one whole group or object. I want to break up the object so I can get rid of that useless triangle sticking out of the model's knee. This triangle will show up on all the models I rip. The best part about this model though is after conversion, there's no need for retexturing. So my stupid question is how do I ungroup the model?
Thanked by:
(03-04-2011, 02:11 PM)AllenSword Wrote: I had some spare time to test 3dvia printscreen with dolphin, and I couldn't believe what I got with Metroid Prime 2:
[Image: spacepirate.png]
The model comes out T-POSED!!! Try it if you don't believe me. There is of course a problem, when I convert the model over to another format through 3ds max or blender, the model is saved as one whole group or object. I want to break up the object so I can get rid of that useless triangle sticking out of the model's knee. This triangle will show up on all the models I rip. The best part about this model though is after conversion, there's no need for retexturing. So my stupid question is how do I ungroup the model?

Wow that's awesome! But you shouldn't need to mess with it too much. To get rid of that triangle all you would have to do really is select the triangle face and delete or alternatively you could delete the vertices that make it up. To do this in Max you'd just put an Edit Mesh or Edit Poly modifier on the model, go to face or polygon selection, click the triangle and delete it. That's it. For Blender I believe the process is similar.
Thanked by:
That's the problem, I clicked on the triangle, and the whole model became selected.
Thanked by:
If you're trying to select it by element that would make sense, but it shouldn't be doing that if you're selecting it by face unless you have something like ignore visible edges selected.
Thanked by:
Ok. Here's a link to the model http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1VRZI2VK maybe you can see what I mean if you try it. I shouldn't have to say this, but this is NOT a submission.
Thanked by:
Nah I get that its not a submission. I'll see what I can do so hold on a bit.
Thanked by:
Sorry, I was busy and couldn't get back to you, but here's a fixed .obj file without the triangle. http://www.mediafire.com/?4ns8q4vu29s5kv7
Thanked by:
Just tried it out myself, and it seems to do the exact same thing that the "Share" version of GameAssassin does. And it doesn't always export models in their T-stance, but at least 3DVia seems to be more stable than GA is.
Thanked by:
How do you use 3dvia printscreen with emulators, I know I am probably the slowest person in the world when it comes to stuff like this.
Thanked by:
(03-05-2011, 02:45 PM)mugeninfo25 Wrote: How do you use 3dvia printscreen with emulators, I know I am probably the slowest person in the world when it comes to stuff like this.

There are tutorials about this around many forums, for example here http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13373. good luck bro Surprise
Thanked by:
Would this happen to work with, say, SSBM?

And would the models ripped this way contain their weighting data?

Maybe this could lead to (mostly) perfect Melee rips...
Thanked by:
(03-09-2011, 06:09 PM)Tiberious Wrote: Would this happen to work with, say, SSBM?

And would the models ripped this way contain their weighting data?

Maybe this could lead to (mostly) perfect Melee rips...

No idea if it works with SSBM, but it wouldn't get the weighting regardless unfortunately unless they've seriously changed the program since I last used it. Though its been a year or so since I've bothered with 3D Via so if I'm wrong I'd be happy to be corrected.
Thanked by:
Ah well. At the moment, I'm in the process of... getting, let's say, the Melee image.

I know they've been submitted already, but I plan to get better dumps of the Wireframes in their T-Pose.

Note, no offense to Zerox is intended; he was just using the best techniques for the time. They just happen to be outdated now. Hell, I probably won't even submit 'em; just keep them for my own use.

Then... well, I'll get to have LOTS of fun rigging these suckers up for where I plan to use them... ROFL!

If everything goes well, I may well have two new avatars for use in the near future.

Minor edit: Whoops! Now I feel dumb... got the wrong person there. Fixed now.
Thanked by:
Well good luck with that man. If I may ask though, what do you mean by outdated? I'm a bit curious since I have the feeling that a number of my models may have the same problem since they were done pretty much the same ways as Zerox's.

And of course, you're always welcome to submit a rigged or otherwise improved version of a model if you want.
Thanked by:
Using hacks/codes to force them into T-Pose in the game and ripping that way.

Apparently, because of changes that were made to Dolphin, 3DVia grabs them from the memory instead of what's actually rendered.

In short, you don't need the posing codes, if what I'm hearing is correct. You also won't need to screw around with the FoV angle to get them simply close. It's more like what BRRes Viewer, BrawlBox or AiS puts out now.
Thanked by: