Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
METAL GEAR SOLID ABSOLUTE CHARACTER MODEL PACK
Exclamation 
[Image: modelpacklogo.jpg]

Just spreading the stuff i plan to release

original thread here:
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1010361-Snaaakeeeeee!!!!!

and yes this is the only way to get mgs1 character ussing 3dxripper, so no t-pose but i tried to get them in the most neutral pose posible
[Image: banner.jpg]
Thanked by: Androu1
You could get them in a T-pose if you did a capture with 3D Via Printscreen...
Thanked by: FRANKASTER
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T-Pose or not this is EXACTLY what i've been looking for!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! I can't wait to get started on converting these and useing them in MMD
Thanked by:
(03-01-2011, 04:15 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: You could get them in a T-pose if you did a capture with 3D Via Printscreen...

i'll try but i remember i could not get models outside of that format like .obj i can only use them on 3dvia programs like viewer and the xml on bowser
Thanked by:
Well, you could:
  • Set up an account on the My 3DVIA website, Upload them to your account privately, and use the official converter to redownload the uploaded .3dxml file as a .dae format.
  • Use .3dxml format import plugins for common modelling programs, such as Blender's or 3ds Max's.
  • Open them with Acrobat 3D, right-click on them, select "Export Data..." and save them to a directory in a .igs, .x_t, .stp, .vrml or .stl format.
Starting from any of these methods, you could find ways to indirectly convert .3dxml models into .obj files. Hope that helps you.
Thanked by:
(03-03-2011, 12:43 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: Well, you could:
  • Set up an account on the My 3DVIA website, Upload them to your account privately, and use the official converter to redownload the uploaded .3dxml file as a .dae format.
  • Use .3dxml format import plugins for common modelling programs, such as Blender's or 3ds Max's.
  • Open them with Acrobat 3D, right-click on them, select "Export Data..." and save them to a directory in a .igs, .x_t, .stp, .vrml or .stl format.
Starting from any of these methods, you could find ways to indirectly convert .3dxml models into .obj files. Hope that helps you.

well it didn't work i tried dolphin's dx9 and opengl and it just hangs for ever
Thanked by:
3D Via just doesn't work for Dolphin for whatever reason. There aren't really any good alternatives to it either besides 3D Ripper DX for Dolphin.
Thanked by:
Weird, I can rip from Dolphin just fine under either of the software-GPU plugins that come with the emulator.
Did you try running it through Dolphin with an OpenGL GPU plugin?

This was quickly ripped using the Direct3D9 GPU plugin:
[Image: 34523241.png]
(The intro's submarine inside, btw.)
Thanked by:
It might be the version you're using. I always use one of the latest revisions rather than the 2.0 release.
Thanked by:
well i sued one of the latest versions r7128 btw, maybe has something to do with video cards and the way they render stuff, i got a nvidia 250 gt, but di you can confirm that the characters are in t-pose using 3dvia? if not i'll continue to use 3dxripper

anyways sexy pic
[Image: 74ca3ebc77940d2f1e1e8f80de7198ae-d3a4u7v.png]
Thanked by:
Oh sweet, you even got Psycho Mantis in his suit. I hadn't noticed that before. (Remember, each genome soldier model has a set of different eye textures.)
And yeah, the models do come out in a T-pose using 3DVia on the last Dolphin official build release. The only problem is that all character models captured are rendered in the same space.That means you have to manually seperate them. But the capture is made with categories, so it would be possible to seperate them. I'll get you a picture so you can understand what I mean.

EDIT: My mistake, the character models come out in a 90-degree straight pose, arms posed downwards.
[Image: 61493949.png]
That's how MGS and MGS2 stores character models in memory, so presumably MGSTTS does too. The models are still unposed, though.
Thanked by:
(03-06-2011, 02:25 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: Oh sweet, you even got Psycho Mantis in his suit. I hadn't noticed that before. (Remember, each genome soldier model has a set of different eye textures.)
And yeah, the models do come out in a T-pose using 3DVia on the last Dolphin official build release. The only problem is that all character models captured are rendered in the same space.That means you have to manually seperate them. But the capture is made with categories, so it would be possible to seperate them. I'll get you a picture so you can understand what I mean.

EDIT: My mistake, the character models come out in a 90-degree straight pose, arms posed downwards.
[Image: 61493949.png]
That's how MGS and MGS2 stores character models in memory, so presumably MGSTTS does too. The models are still unposed, though.

Well that would be the bind pose actually if they all rip unanimated in that pose. Some models just have weird ones. Hell, Master Chief from the Halo games has his arms out in front of him like a Zombie in Halo 2 and 3.
Thanked by:
i actually have almost all the characters ripped, the only missing ones are shirtles liquid and solid, winter gear wolf, vulcan with feet (that in the pic lacks feet) submarine guys, nuke storage troopers. meryl policenauts vest
but i dont know that after tweking the mesh some strings appears al over the place (lime mgs2 models) when you remove points in orther to get a single mesh instead of a kind of a broken egg most faces are unwield and stuff... it coul be pretty interesting but i don't have energy to go all over again to get the unposed models... all i can give is the posed models and textures and for some reason when the models are umposed like that the hands got wield with the belly???

what i want to rip are peace walker textures, but i created a independient topic for that
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=16818
Thanked by:
That's fair enough. The models you've ripped don't seem modified to my first glance in any case.
Thanked by:
(03-08-2011, 01:39 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: That's fair enough. The models you've ripped don't seem modified to my first glance in any case.
thanks for the 3dvia tip, i ripped like 24 models so far... at least the other models help me to get textures since 3dv only rips the shadow lght maps... i'll include bot versions of the models just for fun... and i finally got the 3dmax porter of 3dxml to work so i ripped a lot of characters in a few days... unly a few are still missing but thanks for the help
Thanked by: