Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Wii HOMEBREW][PLAYABLE] Castlevania Like Game: The Prophecy - Dark Half
Since I am currently doing a 2D game, I though, hey, post it here, you are doing the sprites for the game (along with the music and script) so why not post it on a spriters side?

So there it is, The Prophecy.
It is a Wii Homebrew and also available for PC. Since I am encouraged to post, so will I do:
http://ezekielrage.wordpress.com/2011/02...date-demo/

also:
[Image: prophecy8.jpg]

Now, I hope some of you check it out. As for myself, I am Ezekiel Rage, I made this game with a friend and I try to get 20+ posts to ask for fellow spriters helping me out in the request board^^

Cya^^
Thanked by:
Yep wrong forum section, this belongs in Games Development so I'll move it for ya. We'd actually encourage you to give some links and pictures of this as well so if you could that'd be great. It'll also help your cause a great deal since people are more likely to help with something that you've put a bit of work into yourself.
Thanked by:
So what is this game about?
Thanked by:
(03-01-2011, 06:32 PM)Zapchu25 Wrote: So what is this game about?

Thanx for moving Smile
This game is about Mirenia, fifteen years young and an orphan. She lives with her Aunt in a small village. One day, in broad daylight, the minions of the long deceased Dark lord invade the village and kidnap all the children, kill the warriors and run off to the castle.
With no-one left to battle, Mirenia sets out to rescue the children on her own, knowing full well that it is probably a trap.

The game is your typica Castlevania like game. It plays and feels like a mixture between Super Castlevania 4 and Rondo of Blood (both available on Virtual console and worth every cent) and is developed by me and my pal Daid.
We do this in our freetime without any budget, just the two of us.
As of now, the current Demo includes the first two stages. The next version will add two more.

The final game will feature six stages, each with bosses, enemies, cutscenes and so forth.
Every Castlevania fan should check it out.
As said, i'd need help with some sprites, as you can see, a few older sprites are low res and I dont hve the time to redo the old sprites and create new ones myself...
Thanked by:
I still need help with the sprites.
As said, you don't have to create new sprites, just re-edit existing ones!
Thanked by:
I wouldn't mind giving the upscaling a try. Could you post a couple (along with the concept art of the character so I know what the details should look like) poses so I could try it out?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-21-2011, 06:27 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I wouldn't mind giving the upscaling a try. Could you post a couple (along with the concept art of the character so I know what the details should look like) poses so I could try it out?

sure thing. here, have a test run at artijaSmile
its one of the worst sprites of the entire game. basically, artija just standds there and she has a walk animation. she is a NPC. it was one of my earliest attempts.
not all sprites have concept arts though. crows, bats and skeletons for example have none. only important characters have some...
http://img846.imageshack.us/g/artija.jpg/

Thanked by:
I really like the graphical style of the characters in that screenshot. The game reminds me of Castlevania, I don't know if that's intended or not but it looks solid.
Actually, those do kind of look like castlevania sprites!
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
(03-25-2011, 11:54 PM)MRSKELETON Wrote: I really like the graphical style of the characters in that screenshot. The game reminds me of Castlevania, I don't know if that's intended or not but it looks solid.
Actually, those do kind of look like castlevania sprites!

haha, that is intended. i wanted to do my own version of a classical castlevania game for ages. and now, i have the chance Smile
Thanked by:
here is a new traielr showing off the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvoa8Nf96o
Thanked by:
I still need help with a few sprites here and there. any aid?
Thanked by:
heya,
i would still need help with a few remainign sprites. also, it would be cool if a coder has some free time left to help me finish this because my other coder has run out of free time unfortunately Sad
Thanked by: