Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
THUG 2 Rips
[Image: tonyhawksunderground2.png]
Here are 30 models ripped from "Tony Hawk's Underground 2". The previous uploads had positioning errors, excluded .obj formatted exports and included redundant previews. These uploads apply all those fixes, and include better previews.

The larger preview images link to the model downloads. All models are of correct scale.
Aborigine:
[Image: previewga.png][Image: aborigine_icon.png]
Alien:
[Image: previewfu.png][Image: alien_icon.png]
Bigfoot:
[Image: previewd.png][Image: bigfoot_icon.png]
Bigfoot One:
[Image: previewvx.png][Image: bigfoot1_icon.png]
Captain:
[Image: previewvb.png][Image: thumbnailg.png]
COD Soldier:
[Image: previewm.png][Image: codsoldier_icon.png]
Graffiti Tagger:
[Image: previewr.png][Image: graffititagger_icon.png]
Hospital Attendant:
[Image: previewyl.png][Image: hospitalattendant_icon.png]
Imp:
[Image: previewpc.png][Image: imp_icon.png]
Jester:
[Image: previewhw.png][Image: jester_icon.png]
Lounge Singer:
[Image: previewwm.png][Image: loungesinger_icon.png]
Mayan Tiki Mask:
[Image: previewdq.png][Image: mayantikimask_icon.png]
Metal Detector Guy:
[Image: previewz.png][Image: metaldetectorguy_icon.png]
Mime:
[Image: previewmq.png][Image: thumbnailh.png]
Nerd Kid:
[Image: previewbj.png][Image: nerdkid_icon.png]
Nigel Beaverhausen:
[Image: previewnz.png][Image: nigelbeaverhausen_icon.png]
Nigel Beaverhausen (Hooked:)
[Image: previewb.png][Image: nigelbeaverhausenhooked_icon.png]
Paulie Ryan:
[Image: previeweh.png][Image: thumbnaili.png]
Phil Margera:
[Image: previewh.png][Image: philmargera_icon.png]
Pirate:
[Image: previewny.png][Image: pirate_icon.png]
Price:
[Image: previewe.png][Image: price_icon.png]
Shrek:
[Image: previewft.png][Image: shrek_icon.png]
Skaboto:
[Image: previewhq.png][Image: skaboto_icon.png]
Space Monkey 1:
[Image: previewka.png][Image: spacemonkey1_icon.png]
Space Monkey 2,3:
[Image: previewap.png][Image: spacemonkey2+3_icon.png]
Steve-O:
[Image: previewjf.png][Image: steveo_icon.png]
The Hand:
[Image: previewwj.png][Image: thehand_icon.png]
THPS Hawk:
[Image: previewep.png][Image: thumbnail.png]
Voodoo Doctor:
[Image: previewx.png][Image: voodoodoctor_icon.png]
Wee-Man:
[Image: previewff.png][Image: weeman_icon.png]

Errors:
All models exclude transparent textures and overlays. The models affected by this are:
  • Aborigine
  • Bigfoot
  • Captain
  • Graffiti Tagger
  • Imp
  • Mayan Tiki Mask
  • Metal Detector Guy
  • Nerd Kid
  • Nigel Beaverhausen
  • Nigel Beaverhausen (Hooked)
  • Paulie Ryan
  • Pirate
  • Skaboto
  • Voodoo Doctor
Space Monkey 1 and Space Monkey 2/3 are missing external polygon colouring (the 2nd and 3rd Space Monkey are identical except for their colour, so only one was uploaded under both names.)

Other than what is noted, please tell me if there's anything wrong with these rips.
Thanked by: ello-officer
These are great! The only thing I can say is that I'd prefer if you provided it in .obj format as well, but that's about it. You also could have left the icon and preview outside of the archive since you posted them up as images here, but its fine how it is.

I can't say I expected Shrek to be in this game so that's pretty funny. Gotta love this series and its Easter Egg characters. So yeah, I'll get these right up on the site.
Thanked by:
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I upload some models. Should I reupload these again with an included .obj format for each?
Thanked by:
(03-01-2011, 04:09 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I upload some models. Should I reupload these again with an included .obj format for each?

If you don't mind, but its fine if you don't.
Thanked by:
I have edited the first post to include 26 more model uploads, along with updates to the original 4 model uploads.

Also, I have officially lost interest in ripping the models from this game.
Here is the exact method I used to rip and fix each model, in case anyone wishes to replicate what I did:
  • Ran 3D Ripper DX through a modified version of "Tony Hawk's Underground 2" that gave access to the debug menu.
  • Made a custom park with minimal elements.
  • Started a free run in the custom park as the character I desired to rip.
  • Paused the game and accessed "Debug Menu>Test Menu>View Cutscenes>TEST_Character".
  • Captured a frame of the T-posed model upright during the cutscene.
  • Imported the capture into 3DS Max 2010 with 3D Ripper DX's .3dr import plugin.
  • Deleted surrounding objects from the captured frame, leaving the model's parts.
  • Selected all the parts of the model.
  • Rotated them -18 by X and -42 by Z.
  • Grouped all the parts.
  • Moved them to the centre of the scene.
  • In a left viewport, aligned the bottom-most edge of the model to the base line of the grid.
  • Ungrouped the parts of the model.
  • Reset the XForm of all bounding boxes.
  • Applied the model's textures to their correct parts.
  • Exported the model as both an .obj format using the "gw:SurpriseBJ-Exporter" export plugin, and a .dae format using the "Autodesk Collada" export plugin.

I hope someone else finds use for these models.
Thanked by:
Ah well that's too bad that you don't feel like ripping from this game anymore. Still, it looks like you got a lot of the characters so that's pretty awesome.

I got a good laugh out of seeing the Star Wars kid there too, I didn't know they put him in that game.

Edit: By the way, can you reupload the COD Soldier? For some reason, whatever download server he got uploaded to won't let me download him although every other download worked fine.
Thanked by:
I just tried it, and I could download the COD Soldier. It must've just been a server bug.
I can still reupload it if you want, though. Also, could you update the thumbnails of the 4 original uploads? They are of lesser quality and it stands out.
Thanked by:
I could try and rip some more things, too.
Thanked by:
(03-06-2011, 03:13 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: I just tried it, and I could download the COD Soldier. It must've just been a server bug.
I can still reupload it if you want, though. Also, could you update the thumbnails of the 4 original uploads? They are of lesser quality an it stands out.

Yeah I'd appreciate if you could reupload it. I've only seen it happen once before for me, but when it happens there's no way I can download it from where I am.

And sure, I didn't realize you had changed the thumbnails, sorry. I'll go do that.

(03-06-2011, 03:36 PM)Key Wrote: I could try and rip some more things, too.

If you're up for it, go ahead. The more the merrier.
Thanked by:
Okay, the COD Soldier has been reuploaded here.
Oh, and all the characters including "The Hand" are skaters btw. Just in case you decide to recategorise it.
Thanks.
Thanked by:
Oh okay then cool. I didn't realize the hand was a skater at all so I didn't think to put it in with the others. If I mess up anything else like that feel free to say so.
Thanked by:
The hand scared the hell out of me when I unlocked him.
It was a real surprise to see a hand as a character, so I could see your confusion.
Thanked by:
(03-07-2011, 03:33 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Oh okay then cool. I didn't realize the hand was a skater at all so I didn't think to put it in with the others. If I mess up anything else like that feel free to say so.
Well everything seems well and good, except for the 2 thumbnails that haven't yet been updated (Paulie Ryan and THPS Hawk,) and the Captain and Mime missing from the main site. I should have been more clear when I first noticed the first thumbnail issue, so sorry about that.

I think I'll rip some gamecube models next...
Thanked by: Shadowth117
Its all fixed. Have fun with the Gamecube stuff than.
Thanked by:
I don't supose there are models of Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margara, Pontis and the other Jackass cast would there?
Thanked by: