Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
S.S. Dolphin Sprites
here are some sprites I made,

[Image: ssdolphinspritesfinishe.png]

yeah... Don't really know what to do now XD
Thanked by:
first of all, welcome!
i think this sheet could be smaller in size without taking any sprites out.
the sprite's not bad at all, but i find some of the aa you've put down rather redundant.
well, why did you make this? don't you want to do olimar, some pikmin, some tiles/backgrounds? Smile
i want to see more!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Ton
the shading and outlining is subpar.

your colors are just darkened versions of the base colors. Use some hueshift and antialiase the outlines with double pixels (or remove them to keep a constant 1px thickness on the outline).

some parts of your outline is rigid and doesn't work well. The tip of the rocket, for example, looks blocky. You might want to see that.

Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(02-28-2011, 10:14 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: first of all, welcome!
i think this sheet could be smaller in size without taking any sprites out.
the sprite's not bad at all, but i find some of the aa you've put down rather redundant.
well, why did you make this? don't you want to do olimar, some pikmin, some tiles/backgrounds? Smile
i want to see more!

1. So move stuff around to get rid of the blank spaces?
2. (I probably sound like an idiot) but what is the "aa" you talk about?
3. I started making an olimar, [Image: olimarsprites.png] , but I never got to it...
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
1. yes.
2. aa: anti-alias, to smoothen edges. they do it in quite a few games, including mario and luigi, since that's what your sprites remind me of. i suggest you check the spriting dictionary out, it could help you in future! Smile
3. still looks like a m&l edit. also:
Code:
[img][/img]
for displaying images. Wink
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(02-28-2011, 10:15 AM)Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors Wrote: the shading and outlining is subpar.

your colors are just darkened versions of the base colors. Use some hueshift and antialiase the outlines with double pixels (or remove them to keep a constant 1px thickness on the outline).

some parts of your outline is rigid and doesn't work well. The tip of the rocket, for example, looks blocky. You might want to see that.

1. Well, The white part of the ship I can understand, the grey metal acually came from something else (can't remember what), and the red i got from mario =P There isn't much of a different hue of colors in Pikmin anyways

2. well, I'm aiming the style to be like Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga, so i think the colors should stay like that

3. I made three other tips, #1 being the original, which one looks best?
[Image: tiptest.png]

(02-28-2011, 04:50 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: 1. yes.
2. aa: anti-alias, to smoothen edges. they do it in quite a few games, including mario and luigi, since that's what your sprites remind me of. i suggest you check the spriting dictionary out, it could help you in future! Smile
3. still looks like a m&l edit. also:
Code:
[img][/img]
for displaying images. Wink

1. alrighty then, I'll do that
2.Oh i see, maybe I should do that, but they didn't do to much of that in M&LSSS (which my sprites style is based off of)
3. I was aiming it to look like that, But it was completely custom (except for the colors and one of his feet animations)
Thanked by:
(02-28-2011, 09:05 AM)M.F.C. Wrote: yeah... Don't really know what to do now XD

you could start removing that huge, absurdly huge signature of yours.

which happens to be hosted on deviant art. it figures.
Thanked by:
For some objects, try googling something similar looking to see how the light hits it in real life. That might help you shape things with your shading.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Olimar's head to body ratio isn't great enough. Increase head size and decrease body size.
Thanked by: