Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
THUG 2 Skater Models
I'm planning on uploading some T-posed skater models from the PC copy of Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

[Image: thehandq.th.png]
(Click the image for the full-sized preview.)

But my problem is that they need to be rotated and centred. Could someone quickly explain how to fix them with 3ds Max 2010 myself? Or, if they were uploaded would someone please fix them for me? Thanks.
Thanked by:
Well the thing is you could probably learn how to do that just from looking at a basic tutorial for the program, but I'll help you a little I guess. To rotate your objects, all you've gotta do is select them and then I like to right click the rotate tool on the main toolbar so I can choose exactly how many degrees I want to rotate something any which way.

To center the object, first you want to make sure that its pivot point is centered to the object itself. To do this, go to the hierarchy tab in the command panel with the object you want selected, select "Affect pivot only" and then click center to object. When you are done turn off "Affect pivot only" and then right click the move tool on the main toolbar. Set every value to 0 under absolute and there you go.
Thanked by:
I knew how to rotate them, but I was mainly concerned with making them perfectly straight. Would you, by any chance, know how to rotate an object to make it aligned with an axis? I know where the bottom edge of one model is, and all the other models need to be rotated by the same angles and moved by the same amount. So if I can figure out how to rotate that one model straight to the axis and record the differences, then I can probably do the rest easily. Thanks for the centering tip, though. I'm only just learning 3ds Max, so it really helps.
Thanked by:
Well as I said, the method I gave allows for very exact rotations. In that little window, click and hold down your left mouse button on the up and down arrows next to the axis you want to rotate. Then you can move your mouse up and down to rotate the model. You can also use this little window as well as these spinners in it for scaling and moving/translating a model by right clicking their icons the same way.
Thanked by:
Wow, I've learnt so much today Genki ^_^; .
Everything should be set, so I'll make a thread under Submissions/PC and post what I've ripped.
Thanked by: