Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Now working on something "American"
I'll probably make some sprites or pixel art depending on the free time I have. So I could very well update it once in awhile (Aside from criticisms given)

WIPs:
[Image: 5makv6.jpg]

Done:
[Image: 34gnad1.jpg]

Other works:
[Image: 2yll1mr.jpg]
[Image: 144d01s.jpg]
[Image: 2lrvo2.jpg]

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Tweaked Up DK a wee bit, Added Luigi (slightly custom)
[Image: 2ag2ges.jpg]

At least make some small crit instead of just looking at them ={. I'm not asking for much
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(02-22-2011, 05:54 PM)Sweet Hot Vegas Wrote: Tweaked Up DK a wee bit, Added Luigi (slightly custom)
[Image: 2ag2ges.jpg]

At least make some small crit instead of just looking at them ={. I'm not asking for much

DK's leg (our right) is really outta place, in fact his right arm seems postioned strangely too, both need to be moved over to the right some.
Give him a little bulk around the shoulders, shorten his mohawk a bit, his eyes are looking a bit strange as well.

The shading on him could use a little more definition, he looks a tad flat. give him a little more shading around the arms to show his muscles.

I did a quick edit for you: [Image: 2ag2gesguyed.png]
Thanked by: DioShiba, ThePortalGuru
[Image: 2mm8x35.jpg]
Gave DK some steroids, taught him how to stand up right and I'm working on a frog with a shroom for a head (AKA toad)
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
legs too short, shading lacking contrast, weird anatomy, fucked up DK.

I suggest using a ref for DK; the way you've got him here needs major work.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Now that's the thing that bugs me about DK.

I don't know how to approach his anatomy without fucking it up, I've used about two references to help me but even those two didn't help to much. (His brawl artwork and the in-game sprite from DKC for the pose.)
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
All of your sprites there have problems. I think you need to worry more about form and the actual silhouet rather than try to get in to the details of the sprite. Anyway a rough edit:
[Image: monkey.png]
There's not much to explain. Hope it helps.
Thanked by: DioShiba, Iceman404
Decided that I'd be better off redoing DK entirely based on the criticism given.

A rough WIP as of now;[Image: 2yn135f.jpg]

I am probably going to end up making the legs a little more bent, And I might consider having him stand on two legs rather then have him stand on both his hands and feet, mainly to make a nod to the classic DK. Depends on how it comes out
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
the problem is that you're p. much ignoring perspective atm.

see your last DK with arms you did. One of the arms should be a hidden a little by his body, but you put them in the same place, rendering it broken and flat. Think about those egypcian drawings where the body is drawn in a frontal perspective but the limbs are profile. You're doing that.

also gorillas are a lot more hunched; they're supposed to walk on fours; making him more upright would imply on him having really long arms.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Update:
[Image: wmikwn.jpg]
Oh peach, why are you such a bitch to sprite.

And I still have no clue on what I'm doing for DK, I might end up leaving him as is since I am starting to loose the motivation to continue working on him.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(fuck it, this is now my sprite dump)
[Image: 301ol6g.jpg]
I think I'm gonna take a break from the Mario sprites I'm making, feel free to give criticism for future reference.

In the mean time, some other pixelated decent-ness
[Image: 144d01s.jpg]
[Image: 1179wu0.jpg]
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Why on earth do you anti-alias the outside of your sprites? They serve no purpose and just make your sprites look blurry

Mario and Luigi's legs make no sense and just about all of these still need more contrast

p.s. your shading isn't showing coherent shapes and they're not doing the best job of following the light source
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
(02-26-2011, 06:40 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: Why on earth do you anti-alias the outside of your sprites? They serve no purpose and just make your sprites look blurry

Mario and Luigi's legs make no sense and just about all of these still need more contrast

p.s. your shading isn't showing coherent shapes and they're not doing the best job of following the light source
Good points, actually.

*toot*
[Image: 2yll1mr.jpg]
Tweaked the palate's contrast as well as the saturation (Explains why there is a more pinkish tone)

I'll most likely redo the mario bro's legs when the next big update for this comes along, I also feel I could improve the shading in some areas. Right now, this isn't exactly what I'm focused on.

[Image: 2lrvo2.jpg]
Any comments or criticisms on Juri (SSF4)? I removed the black outlines and tweaked the palate here as well.

and yeah I removed the AA on the both of these.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Well, Juri doesn't seem to have a mouth. Or really much of a face at all. If you go online you can see that she has a rather protruding nose, made up eyes, and.. a mouth, features which should all be present on your sprite.

Also her leg looks like its limp, not ready to kick.
Thanked by:
I'm Bumping
I'm Dumping
And I'm Humping
I Won't Be Stopping Soon.

A long over due update:
[Image: ncmavq.jpg]
Some minor tweaks, I ended up redoing the face but I don't like how it came out, it's kind of hard to put in the right detail with the head I have now so I'm considering redoing it entirely. I felt her left hand was larger in contrast to her right. I'm not sure on how to go on about here leg, so I might end up leaving it as is. I also want to bring up I am kind of experimenting with the palette.

In case anyone one needs the reference I am trying to go by, pause a 00Cute5.

it'd probably be easier for me if I had a clearer screen shot.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: