Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Telefang Revamp Project
[Image: 2314574.png]
Due to popular demand, I have decided to create the Telefang Revamp Project! I have always been a fan of the Telefang series, but not exactly a fan of the artist's direction.
In this thread, we will pull our heads together, and redesign what needs to be redesigned.
First off, we will be starting on the idle sprites of the Denjuu in battle. This will include a front and back sprite, following the same perspective & angles of Telefang 2 (GBA). Denjuu will mostly be redesigned to add variation. Remember, this is a fan project.

Rules
1. No more than four shades can be used per color.
2. Animtions include four frames, no more, no less.
3. Sprite style is to be consistant, sprites below can be used for reference.

-Denjuu Sprites

Crypto [Image: 2314581.gif] Cryptoburn [Image: 2373791.gif] Angios [Image: 2314582.gif] Gymnos [Image: 2314580.gif] Suguri [Image: 2314576.gif]

-RPG Sprites

Shigeki, Matsukiyo, Kai [Image: 2373472.gif]

Remember, not everything is set in stone!
Thanked by:
I love the look of those sprites. As for the game, I never got into the first one. I was a hard core pokemon fan at the time. I did play it, but it just seemed a bit over the top with the phone calls and what not. The story line also seemed a bit cheesy. I'm all for seeing you recreate the sprites though. These are a lot better than the seconds games are as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a fan of the RPG sprites though, they fail in comparisson to the e-mon!

Keep it up Wink
Thanked by:
Can I reserve Punica?
Thanked by:
http://telefang.wikia.com/wiki/Category:...Telefang_2

thought I'd post that there for reference.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 02:52 PM)Jim. Wrote: http://telefang.wikia.com/wiki/Category:...Telefang_2

thought I'd post that there for reference.

though these are from the second game, arent they?

[Image: 210g58o.png]
you might as well post this and give some specifications such as artwork guidelines, amount of colors, grid sizes, animation, etc.

unless this is purely to revamp each sprite and leave it on the artist's decision on how to make it, in wich case it would be more of a collab rather than a project
Thanked by:
Here's what I got so far:
[Image: CTh3z.png]
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 11:51 PM)Sengir Wrote: Here's what I got so far:
[Image: CTh3z.png]

Looks good! But he seems to be a little small. You think you can make him a little bigger?
Thanked by:
Are the colors good though? My laptop's monitor is pretty bad at displaying colors.
Thanked by:
(02-24-2011, 05:43 PM)Sengir Wrote: Are the colors good though? My laptop's monitor is pretty bad at displaying colors.

Yeah they're not bad. They are a little bright, though. What kind of top do you have?
Thanked by:
An older Toshiba Satellite, though now that I'm on my Mac I do see the problems.

I'll fix him up right away~
[Image: LlfLV.png]?

still too small?
Thanked by:
(02-24-2011, 06:59 PM)Sengir Wrote: An older Toshiba Satellite, though now that I'm on my Mac I do see the problems.

I'll fix him up right away~
[Image: LlfLV.png]?

still too small?

I think he can still be even bigger haha
Thanked by:
i really dont see this going anywhere.
Thanked by:
Which is really a pity, this game defined 4th grade for me and I love this project.

I've not had much free time to work on Punica though.
Thanked by:
(03-04-2011, 12:31 AM)Sengir Wrote: Which is really a pity, this game defined 4th grade for me and I love this project.

I've not had much free time to work on Punica though.

Well, I've got a crap ton of concept art, so I guess I'll just post that. That may get the project rolling. As for now, I'll post some concept cards I did a while ago. They're not necessarily in the same style.

[Image: 2314568.png][Image: 2314563.png][Image: 2314565.png][Image: 2314566.png][Image: 2314567.png]
Thanked by:
problem is that, as it is now, its nowhere near being a project. no one besides sengir really did something in this whole time and to be honest, the whole thing is more of a collab work rather than a project(wich by definition requires way more planification than this)

i'm somehow unsure if this is a valid project at all. 4 sprites and one contributor doesnt count as one, specially when thsi had no guidelines at all, and was set based on a bunch of people being amused by the idea.

i dont feel like discouraging you to continue this, on your own. but right now its more of a dead project. feel free to continue working on said revamps on a thread in the regular forum though.
Thanked by: