Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tiny XP Help Needed
So I have a fixed computer now.

Well kinda...

I've noticed that it Freezes a lot on me and I'm not entirely sure why. It also always happens when I visit Photobucket or Imageshack so I've been keeping away from those sites, however now it will happen once a day and I am not exactly sure why.

I don't think it is my anti-virus updating because I've seen it update and it has never caused it to freeze from what I've noticed.

And now a new issue: Everytime I turn off my computer, right before I turn it on I have to unplug and replug the monitor otherwise it won't register that the monitor is connected to it.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Hmm asking for advice and help with pirated software, is that even allowed?

Also, need more data.
A list of hardware would be good, are you running as an admin or a restricted user? what browser are you using? any overclocking? there could be a thousand things causing problems here.

Well, for what it's worth I know TinyXP is a stripped down version of XP with a gob of stuff slipstreamed in, so there's a good chance of things going wrong or a lot of the less important services being removed. (doc Watson, WScript error reports, etc.)

I'd suggest first double-checking your graphics drivers, and see if there are specific drivers for your monitor too.
As for the crashing, sounds like a plug-in error, have you tried other browsers? If they still crash it could be a cache problem, or a pagefile issue, run scandisk and see if there are any errors on your drive.
Could potentially even be a RAM problem, I'm assuming you have multiple sticks of RAM in, try swapping them over, or just reseating them.

Not much else I can really suggest without having more information to work with.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:
I don't see why it isn't allowed, I mean I installed it in the first place because my original install of Windows XP became unfixable due to a corrupted Win32 file and I don't have the money for a Windows XP install disc. After a few months in safemode, I was basically going crazy.

I remember when I first installed Tiny XP I had to personally Reinstall the graphic drivers and there wasn't one particularly for the monitor. I use Opera which tends to not have memory leaks like firefox can and it eats up less ram, Since I basically went with option 3 there can only be one user on my computer so I'm going to assume that it is an administrative account, I'm not really sure what overclocking means.

If it is a Ram problem it means I may need to get more Ram seeing as how I only have 512mb worth of it |D although I must say that I never had an issue with my computer freezing before I installed Tiny XP and my computer has always ran as if it had 2gb even though it never had that much in there so I'm not entirely sure if this is a Ram problem or not.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Justify it however you need, I'm not in the business of debating the morality at all, myself I'm all for it, but it is still illegal regardless of why you have it.

Let's see, well, no doubt having only 512mb of RAM isn't helping, but I've yet to see a system hardlock and die just because it didn't have enough RAM.

What I would do in this situation is clean out the XP install as best I can, grab yourself a copy of CCleaner to do the majority of the work for you, let it clear all your temporary and leftover files out, then run a registry scan with it and let it auto-fix any errors.

Next, right-click on "my computer" and hit "properties", go to "advanced" and then "performance", then under the "advanced" tab there click "change" under virtual memory and reset it to a system managed size.

On reboot, I'd suggest double-checking your bios settings are correct to make sure you're running everything at stock speeds and that your CPU isn't overheating or anything.
If it STILL crashes and refuses to work, you're looking at a more than a simple problem.
Try unplugging all your hardware and then plugging it back in.
(This isn't a dumb as it sounds, you'd be surprised how often it works.)

Personally I'd try reinstalling the OS again as a last-ditch attempt, and if that doesn't help the most likely culprit is actually a hardware error, which I can't really diagnose without being able to get my hands inside the case myself.

Hopefully I've been at least a little help, but doing tech support like this is kind of like trying to fix a car based on someone telling you what noises it's making, that clunking under the hood could be your gearbox catching fire and falling off or it could just be a stone rattling around in the bodywork.
Hope you manage to get it working though.
Thanked by: Maxpphire
Thanks, I'll be trying your suggestions and hope that one of them works. Although I must admit I'd be pretty nervous about unplugging and replugging all of my hardware in since I've never taken apart a computer before so I think I'll try that last.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Don't panic, provided you're not doing anything dumb like taking it apart with wet hands or while it's still plugged in, you can't really do much damage in there, the first time is always a little nerve-racking but once you get to grips with it you won't think twice about messing with your systems guts when a problem comes up.

Also, if you can get comfortable enough with installing your own hardware, building a new system from components is way cheaper than getting an off-the-shelf box when it comes to it, means you can set it up exactly how you want too.
I couldn't stand running a pre-made machine these days, I just have to know exactly what's going on under the hood.
Thanked by: