Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Genealogy
Just curious, does anyone else here have an interest in genealogy? It's pretty fun, finding out about your family history and even finding lost cousins! I only have 6 generations from father to son (which is what I'm focusing on), but I do have other parts of my family tree going back past Charlemagne (A common ancestor for many many European lineages, a lot of you should be related too. It's fairly easy to get that far back). I even found pictures of my family's farm in Norway before my ancestor immigrated, which is still being run by cousins.
Thanked by:
I do know that I'm related to Buffalo Bill, and I have roots in Czechoslovakia, Germany, and Russia on one side of my family.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
I'm interested in this.

My family (on my dad's side) has a family tree, but if I recall correctly it doesn't go past my great or great-great grandparents.

This kind of has nothing to do with it, but I'm black yet look like I'm everything /except/ black.
I'm curious as to how that came about.

Apparently there's a possibiblty that I'm related to one of the presidents on my dad's side, but I think past said great or great-great grandparent, there's little to no information known.

As far as my mom's side, I've seen a picture of my great-great grandmother and was born before my great-grandmother died, but that's really all I know as far as anything past my grandma.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I think I'd be more interested if I didn't already know two important things about the family history on my mothers side;

1. We were German.
and
2. We were Jewish.

Bonus points for working out why we didn't stick around.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: PrettyNier
I don't know, really. I'm moderately interested in finding out, but not interested enough in learning how to find out.
My grandma's Cousin is this guy

Other then that I know I'm mostly German with a little bit of Arabic, Dutch, English, Irish, Scottish, and other euro-counteries in me.

My family fought in the civil war way back when too.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Gwen, Sengir
(02-14-2011, 08:15 PM)Kat Wrote: My grandma's Cousin is this guy

holy shit i love tony shalhoub

Oh, and I found out that the Sengir line may be Prussian/German as Poznan wasn't part of Poland at the time of my ancestor's birth. This just makes things more confusing.
my brother did made some research, and shared it with my mother, apparently. but for the sake of the topic, i'd go and ask for the proper info, since now i am interested into knowing exactly from where do we came from.
Thanked by:
I know that I'm German on my mom's side and half british half german on my dad's side. And apparently the german part of my dad's side were Jewish, so I guess that means in most white supremecist's eyes I'm not actually white.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Apparently, if someone has our surname, they're connected to our family up north (father's side).
Aside from that, I know nothing about our family line before my great grandparents.

On my mother's side, there are like a hundred family members all living in one town south, and my great great great grandparents were the founders or something. I seriously forget names and faces all the time
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
I know I'm related to Johnny Cash from my mothers side. Tbh I was content about my lineage when I found that out.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
All I really know is that
I'm half spartan and half azorean
thats all i know about me
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
yeah, yeah, and I'm a clone of Big Boss Tongue