Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Keyblade Size Comarisons
...No, it's not a euphamism.
I'm interested in the keyblades that appear in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (and I guess all that bonus/final mix shit). A while back I had started a mini spriting project trying to get the Keyblades in Summon Night style, and I'd like to actually finish it.

Getting references of what the keyblades look like is easy enough, but from what I remember, they're all different lengths. That detail is much harder to come across.

If someone has access to that information, either from an existing resource, or through taking screenshots of keyblade models in a 3D render program, I'd be really appreciative.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I can try and do this later when I'm at home. If you'd like I can give Birth By Sleep keyblade renders as well.
Thanked by:
Anything you can supply would be really damn useful; but I should probably take it one step at a time, haha.
Thanked by:
Alright well here's the Kingdom Hearts II keyblades: http://img218.imageshack.us/f/khiikeyblades.jpg/

I'd suggest you download it from the site so you can see it in full quality. Some of them may have hard edges where they shouldn't and minor transparency issues, but that's roughly how they all look and they're all to scale. The only one's I didn't get are Mickey's keyblade, Terra's keyblade, and Aqua's keyblade, but I figured I'd do Terra's and Aqua's with the KH BBS keyblades since they're not any different so far as I can tell and Mickey's was separate from the rest of the models. I didn't feel like hunting for Mickey's since its just a Kingdom Key Palette Swap basically anyway, but I can go back an get it if you like.

Kingdom Hearts 1 keyblades seem to be a no go though unfortunately. Their models don't seem to rip from Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts Final MIx so there's not much I can do for those at the moment.

Edit: Oh yeah and the screwy looking green-pinkish keyblades are leftovers from the first game. They're both untextured versions of the Kingdom Hearts 1 Ultima keyblade, but I think the larger one is just resized to be the same as the Kingdom Hearts II Ultima blade.
Thanked by: GrooveMan.exe
I see! This is all really useful, thanks a bunch. First time I've seen detailed images of the Struggle Bats too; haha.
Thanked by:
No problem man, I may as well help if I can I figure. Speaking of which, I'm probably half way done getting the Birth By Sleep keyblades put together. There's less of them, but each character has a variant for all but a few of them so there's a lot anyways.

Edit: Just realized I forgot Kairi's keyblade. Just say something if you want me to try and go back and find it.
Thanked by:
Alright, there's everything from Birth By Sleep: http://img135.imageshack.us/f/bbskeyblades.jpg/

No Final Mix stuff there, but I don't have an ISO for it at the moment so I can't get it right now. You won't be able to line those up to the Kingdom Hearts II keyblades directly for proportions since I used a different image resolution, but Mickey's Keyblade is the same size as the Kingdom Key so you can use that for comparison. Kairi's keyblade from Kingdom Hearts II is apparently one of Aqua's keyblades in this game so there's that as well.

As for the different sizes for when there's three keyblades, the left one with second smallest size is Aqua's, the center one which is the largest is Terra's, and the one on the right that's the smallest and backwards is Ventus's.
Thanked by: GrooveMan.exe
Oh yeah, since Ventus has that crazy reverse grip going on.

If you could post that 'Blade you missed that'd be sweet, but I have a lot to work with now already! If nothing else it'll help others with size comparison stuff.
Thanked by:
Well I did get it in the Birth by sleep rip. Its the first one on the right after the trios of keyblades end.
Thanked by:
Oh yeah, so you did. :V
Thanked by: