Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Multiverse Project
ITT Masquerain sprites some creatures (and planeswalkers) from Magic. The "project" in the title is kinda misleading since it's a personal sort of thing but if you want to join in then you can I guess?

I'm going to try and do one of these a day. Each sprite is labeled with the date started, card link, and comments by myself. Critique is welcome for future reference, as I probably won't go back to fix these up until I come to a satisfactory point on the entire project.

2/1/11
Priests of Norn
[Image: phyrexia2-1.gif]
First sprite for this topic. I figure I made a lot of mistakes but it's a nice departure from my normal subject matter.

Cards I may or may not sprite later:
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Mayael the Anima
Floodbringer
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Gwen
yeah, it's pretty unreadable atm, and the pose is kinda uninteresting. You could give him a 'cooler' look using his skinny, bony appearance as advantage.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
So I didn't hit today's quota since I decided to do a portrait, so I'm going to leave it unfinished then work on it when I have extra time.

2/2/11
WIP
Floodbringer
[Image: soratami.gif]
The ears look really out of place but I think it's better than some of my other recent attempts at portraits.
Thanked by:
(02-03-2011, 12:22 AM)masquerain Wrote: 2/2/11
WIP
Floodbringer
[Image: soratami.gif]

Would you mind if I made a small edit? Some of the facial features seem out of place.

Also the bright white on her cheek and her ears is nearly pure white, you might as well just make it white.
Thanked by:
(02-03-2011, 02:44 AM)TPoe Wrote: Also the bright white on her cheek and her ears is nearly pure white, you might as well just make it white.
Wrong.

You're never supposed to use pure white OR pure black, except in specific situations. It looks too unprofessional.
Thanked by: Chutzpar
(02-03-2011, 03:20 AM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 02:44 AM)TPoe Wrote: Also the bright white on her cheek and her ears is nearly pure white, you might as well just make it white.
Wrong.

You're never supposed to use pure white OR pure black, except in specific situations. It looks too unprofessional.

Well, only because he already used pure white, in the eyes. I just thought they were too similar, I probably shoulda just said to change the eyes instead.
Thanked by:
(02-03-2011, 03:20 AM)Alpha Six Wrote:
Wrong.

isnt a matter of profesional or not(in fact tsr has nothing to do with professionalism at all?).

pure white on such a desaturated palette as the one being used here doesnt blend as much as it should, thus creating a highlight way more powerful than it should. not to mention skin doesnt reflect light in such an intense way, unless its not organic.

it seems more like she slipped a shade of white on the wrong place, but thats all.
Thanked by: