Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Arte em pixels brasileiro
After making those Pokémon sprites, I had a cool idea of making typically Brazilian stuff in pixelart form. I guess it's varied and interesting enough to keep me entertained for... say, a week? They'll be all 64x64 too.

I'll be including info on every pixelart I do.

[Image: brazileira1.png]
This is a Sonho de Valsa bonbon. Bonbon is a type of candy, usually enrobed in chocolate. Sonho de Valsa is a Brazilian-only candy and it has turned into a common lover's gift.

[Image: brazileira2.png]
This is also another candy called pé-de-moleque (lit. boy's foot). It is made with peanut and molasses, and it's got this name because its appearance reminded the colonial Brazil's streets of same name (the streets were paved with several odd rocks and then stomped by several boys to even it out).

*I didn't know about the last one btw*
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404
cool stuff, especially the bonbon. makes me want to follow suit and do Norwegian stuff
Thanked by:
Pé-de-moleque looks really appetizing. I've seen something just like that before.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
But aren't Bonbons common everywhere?
We have them here. Cute

The second one looks great. Looks like peanut brittle.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
I worded it wrong, fixing it.
Thanked by:
Você é brasileiro? Ou só mora no Brasil? Whoa, that was real unexpected.

The sonho de valsa looks pretty damn good! The pé-de-moleque, is good, but I think it should be shaped less brick-like and more 'grainy' as to follow the shape of the peanuts (I guess they're peanuts) that form it, know what I mean? Also, if you're going for a super-realistic look, I think you should shade as to imply the little folds in the bom-bom's wrap paper, next to the 'knots' on both sides. Pretty good sprites, nonetheless, good to see someone else from around here in the forums.

PS: sprite a paçoca! xD
hey, fellow compatriot!

I'll take those advice in account, and I'll make a paçoca later. Brazil isn't only about candies, ya know Tongue
Thanked by:
Detesto Sonho de Valsa! Hahahaha

Amazing stuff!
I'm kind of hungry now.
Thanked by:
Sorry for the necro bump

Just ate a Sonho de Valsa - our tenants gave us some random stuff from their trip to Brazil. Pretty dope stuff man, the second I saw the wrapping I thought it was familiar, seems I was right haha.
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
Thanked by: Gors