Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
WHAT IF POKEMEN WERE REAL!!!!!! Grown-up Edition
All right I'm pretty sure I got deja vu posting this thread, but lemme start by saying it's not WHAT POKEMAN YOU WOULD OWN!!, we are far past 12 and this actually makes one of the greatest geek conversations ever

I was at dinner with some of my friends yesterday, and we were talking about Pokemon for a bit. I found out someone at the table was a huge Pokemon fan, and we started talking about HM slaves, and then his friend mentioned "Mareep would make a good pillow" to which I geeked out and said "he's made of wool and he's an electric type. even if you did relax on him you'd get static shocked like every time you laid down on him". And then it happened.
For the next two hours we revisited the question we all asked our friends as children, "What if Pokemon were real?" The results were just plain awesome - really, they were.

Now, as I said this isn't what Pokemon YOU would own - but think about like Magmar or Drifloom or Rotom - what purpose would they have in the real world?

Our conversation got really awesome; as every time you'd go to the gym you'd just see bodybuilders pump iron with Machamps while their kids took karate lessons with Machops. Eevees would serve as general therapeutic Pokemon along with Sunkern and all the other "useless" Pokemon. Baby Pokemon would be childhood friends that grew along with Pokemon-centric families. Downtown Newburgh (a local city and third highest crime rate per town population in the US) would just be fucking hell, Houndooms taking the place of Rottweilers, people betting on underground Pokemon deathmatches, and pimps owning Ambipoms that would quadruple-slap a bitch with its two hand-tails.

However, we were stuck on Magmar and Electabuzz...we really couldn't find any use for them besides warfare Pokemon (which itself was an awesome subconvo with Alakazam military strategists, dictators with Hypno and Electivires supplying as infantry/backup battery power)
Landscaping Pokemon were kind of tough too; what kind of Pokemon do hard labor really, besides Machoke?

But yeah - simply put, aside from battling Pokemon with your friends...hmm
Okay, look at your current job. What kind of Pokemon do you think would be helping you at your job? On your routine stops during the day, what Pokemon would you expect to see directing traffic? Hanging out at the coffee shop? Helping you socially network?

No seriously - this was an awesome conversation my friends and I had and it's like, the ultimate icebreaker. I'm sure you'd make friends instantly at anime conventions with it. Tongue

But yeah! What's your input? :E
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Are we assuming that they take the place of animals and can have whole species be feral?
or that they are all able to be tamed?
Thanked by:
(01-15-2011, 12:34 PM)Sengir Wrote: Are we assuming that they take the place of animals and can have whole species be feral?
or that they are all able to be tamed?
oh wow
i guess they'd take the place of animals sometimes; i.e. dog Pokemon at dog shows and Ponyta horseracing, but...well, I guess!

But this is mostly assuming all can be tamed - i.e. rats are ugly little creatures prevalent in low-income housing; in low-income living areas some kid's bound to train and eventually bring that dirty street Rattata into his home and eventually free it when he gets better Pokemon for his 11th birthday. So yeah, I guess you can say assuming nearly can be tamed with the exception of some, who are just a pain in the ass to catch and remain feral (i.e. legendary birds and dogs)

But this is mostly those Pokemon living and accepted in in our society and not shunned out of homes; Pokemon having practical uses at work and at home; not like, "ah shit just hit a stantler while goin to work again"
Thanked by:
Assuming you could tame a Dratini and raise it to a Dragonite, it would revolutionize the postal service since mail could be to its recipient in just hours at most rather than days and days. You'd be able to order things online and rather than wait about a week to get them you could wait like 6 hours. Hell, groceries would probably be purchasable online at this point if you consider how little time it takes to get them to the customer.

I'm not sure you would be able to fly on one normally without falling off, but there's probably some way or another you could use them for human transport which would make traveling across the world ridiculously fast. There's probably a shitload of possibilities I haven't even considered since this is a Pokemon that can literally fly around the entire circumference of the planet in 16 hours, but just thinking of the basics is just mind boggling.
Thanked by:
God would be replaced by Arceus in the bible

Roopushin would work construction along with the Machamp line.

What about Pokemon who can change the weather with their abilities/moves d:? If I had a Politoed - everyday could be a rainy day
Thanked by:
Tropius that fly around to aid people with it's fruit? Like our Saint Bernards.
Thanked by:
clefairy takes over education?
[Image: 0.jpg]
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
cubone is batman?
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
I think Chad posted the question once.

Noctowls will be like the nightwatchers of the town. I imagine each gate will have two big eyes above them after midnight. Richer families will have one on each post, but that's like saying "Hey we're filthy rich hey hey."

Where do water Pokemon get their water, anyway? It'd be awesome to get a plane, load it with water Pokemon, and fly over Africa or something. Ice beam will solve global warming.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: water dog
People for the
Ethical
Treatment of
Pokemon

Also, they'd probably be used in any wars, which would suck.
[Image: unf.png]
Grand Line Shore
Thanked by:
Isn't Magcargo supposed to be like, significantly hotter than the surface of the sun? I'd imagine these things would remain inside of volcanoes at all times because I think it'd be pretty catastrophic if they got anywhere near anything
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Gold, Rosencrantz
(01-15-2011, 01:19 PM)Homunculus Wrote: People for the
Ethical
Treatment of
Pokemon

Also, they'd probably be used in any wars, which would suck.

i used to be so amazed by my SPCP idea
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
When natural resources are scarce, people will melt steel-type pokemon.
(01-15-2011, 12:51 PM)Reverend Parris Wrote: What about Pokemon who can change the weather with their abilities/moves d:? If I had a Politoed - everyday could be a rainy day
Castform would totally be a meteorologist's best friend because you'd never have an inaccurate forecast again

WHAT'S THAT CASTFORM YOU LOOK LIKE
A CLOUD?

OK TOMORROW WILL BE PARTLY CLOUDY
(01-15-2011, 12:53 PM)Sengir Wrote: Tropius that fly around to aid people with it's fruit? Like our Saint Bernards.
He's kind of a useless Pokemon otherwise but in like real-life applications he'd be awesome at smoothie/juice shops

otherwise, he'd also be good at saving people trapped on stereotypical islands who are dying for delicious fruit. :V

He'd also make an amazing spokespokemon for Dole, just flying around and yeah
presenting people to FRUIT
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Baegal
Instead of dog breeders there will be pokemon breeders.

I'd breed pokemon
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: