Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I'm new and could you guys look at my sprites
Burger 
Hiya's Everyone!!!
This is my first custom/semi-custom sheet of {Drum Roll Please}
LUCARIO!
It's a super smash bros. sheet and I was hoping you guys could help me with some constructive criticism Big Grin

Ninja-DragoniteNinja

EDIT:
Shizzle! I forgot the url HURRRR stoopid me
http://img89.imageshack.us/i/lucariosmashbros.png/
sorry bout that guys
MEGA FACEPALM
Thanked by:
It's not really anything special. It's basically edits of the same Lucario pose over and over.

Sorry, but these won't be accepted.
Thanked by: Ninja-Dragonite
what is it with people posting directly here?? (i think i did the same when i first went to tsr but somebody should've warned me damn)
you did vertical lines in paint, well done.
i suggest you do the following things:
a) present yourself in the appropriate section
b) type... normally?
c) post something a bit more interesting to look at, like a study or something.
i'm warning you for not presenting yourself first, but don't take it personally.
looking forward to some work! Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
tbh i don't think that's a very valid reason for warning. maybe a verbal warning, but actually using the warning system for not introducing themselves...
Thanked by:
it's a trend i've noticed in new members recently, and a rather annoying one as such. i compare it to the request problem we had before, but nowhere near as bad (yet).
i'm just seeing if introducing a warn will make a difference.
if it doesn't make a difference, i do not see the point in carrying on warning for this problem, so i'll try to find another solution.

i don't mind the warn being revoked.

Thanked by:
also since you didn't make the Lucario yourself these won't be accepted ever into tSR. The Custom sprites we take MUST be fully custom and not just a pokemon sprite edit.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
and not be shit, for all we care.
Thanked by:
(01-14-2011, 03:39 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: it's a trend i've noticed in new members recently, and a rather annoying one as such. i compare it to the request problem we had before, but nowhere near as bad (yet).
if it doesn't make a difference, i do not see the point in carrying on warning for this problem, so i'll try to find another solution.

I never introduced myself

when I did about a year or probably less later, I got warned for it because it was apparently "uneeded"
your whole system is flawed!!!!

also wait, which part of this is custom?
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
why are you guys so mean to new members Sad they just want to make sprites
Thanked by:
Well, see, it's okay to make sprites.
But he asked for constructive criticism, which means he wants us to help him improve.

And what we're saying is he won't improve unless he does custom or heavier editing than what he has shown.

It's like asking how to be a better painter, and then showing us a copy of the Mona Lisa with a couple of crappy brushstrokes on top. Unsure
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(01-15-2011, 10:02 AM)Rakia Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 03:39 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: it's a trend i've noticed in new members recently, and a rather annoying one as such. i compare it to the request problem we had before, but nowhere near as bad (yet).

I never introduced myself

when I did about a year or probably less later, I got warned for it because it was apparently "uneeded"
your whole system is flawed!!!!
stop playing dumb, you know what i'm talking about: you introduce yourself when you go onto a board, not several months, never mind a year, later. this is unless it was starsock's case, in which (if i remember correctly, if i don't, welp) she introduced herself about a year after creating her account, because she hadn't used it.
and you know that presenting yourself so much later after is rather unneeded, especially if other members have got to know you in the meantime.
so maybe my idea's flawed in the sense that i punish somebody for not completing a formality (ie i'm too strict), but i think that my reasoning is sound.

and ironicposter96, i'm not being mean. i've tried to be helpful, and i encouraged ninja-dragonite to post something else. i want him to do better things, and yes i may have been hard, but my message was clear and honest.
oh, and if you thought i was mean, well... that's not my point. i can't move my weight to make dragonite do the new sprites and post them, i can't substitute his lack of motivation to progress with my motivation, i can't do many things that he's entitled and responsable to do.
so at this point in time, i'm a bit exasperated when you or some previous members say that we're (who?) mean. way to go for de-culpabilising and de-responsabilising.
i'm asking you two to grow up. if you don't want to act a bit more maturely, i give you the choice of staying here and carrying on like this, going somewhere else like a younger community, or trying something completely different. but do something about it instead of complaining.

Thanked by: Sengir, Gors
It's obviously stiff, small to little movement of body.

The blurs are not blurs, but straight smears that look horrible.
And they're random,
like one arm blur has different colours than another one.

The effects are random as well.
They're not similar to Lucario in the slightest.
The teleport and combo look like you took a sphere and made a cut-out of it, making it just have colours, rather than shading.
The final smash charges dark purple, yet shoots cyan. wat.
The rocks in the Landing don't even look like they move,
and then they just disappear.
The effects you took from other sheets are assorted, which clashes the style altogether.

Which is why the sheet is on the shitty side,
and to top it off, it's barely an edit.

Needs a lot of work,
or scrap it.
Why scrap it?
Because making a new one would probably be better than trying to work with shit.

Cut down on the eccentric writing a little,
you may think it's fun or whatever, but it's more annoying than anything.

Quote:Shizzle! I forgot the url HURRRR stoopid me
http://img89.imageshack.us/i/lucariosmashbros.png/
sorry bout that guys
MEGA FACEPALM
The point.

As for the credit tag,
Quote:credits to the guy I borrowed the FX from
Smooth.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

I am extending what Prontron said a little more, but these:

Quote:Hiya's Everyone!!!
Quote:{Drum Roll Please}
Quote:Shizzle (...) HURRRR stoopid me
Quote:MEGA FACEPALM

are totally uneeded and annoying for us. Just because this is an internet forum, it doesn't mean you can abuse exclamation marks, fake tags, HURRRRs and FACEPALMs. I'm not forcing you to type formally, but be aware that you write for the others and the others might not like the way you write (and i'm sure that 95% of the people that frequents here hate it).

Internet has its peculiar traits and characteristics, but it's no different than communicating with people irl.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Wow this is one hell of a rabbit trail we're going down.
Thanked by:
Might be a troll, since I distinctly remember that sheet being posted here before.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: