Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
the looove giant
[Image: oosooadarth.png]
this was started sometime in '09, i tried programming it in flash, but it failed.

[Image: kaneeedaa.png]
kaneda.

[Image: doshinthelovegiant.png][Image: doshinwalk.gif][Image: doshinmockup.png]
ground tiles in the mockup borrowed from link's awakening. started doshin around mid 2010 and haven't done anything with it until recently. the villagers need to be fixed - the animation looks dreadful

comments/crits
[Image: RuAIooB.png]
Thanked by: Nindo
no comments??
does anyone have an opinion about these??

[Image: doshinthelovegiant.png]
[Image: doshinmockup2.png]

some more doshin stuff
Thanked by:
I think if you add a middle section to your villagers, a third frame rather, like you big orange guy there, the animation might go a bit more smoothly.

I'm not too much of a pro with critiquing these type of sprites, but I think you've got a good start.

I'd fix the nose of the X-Wing fighter, even by one pixel would make a difference.
http://img.swcombine.com/ships/26/large.jpg
Also, if you add a little bit of shading to the villagers, they would stick out a bit more. Have the big guy walk different directions too.

What do you plan to do with the random Kaneda sprite?
Thanked by:
(01-13-2011, 12:52 PM)Xorrand1991 Wrote: I think if you add a middle section to your villagers, a third frame rather, like you big orange guy there, the animation might go a bit more smoothly.

i might do, although the sprites used in link's awakening were simply mirrored. but considering i did it for doshin it wouldn't look too out of place

i will probably add shading to the villagers when I fix them up

and i'm probably not going to do anything with the star wars stuff, just showcasing it here but thanks for the crits

and Kaneda was just a one off for practice
Thanked by:
If I were you, I would make the houses quite a bit larger,to the point where you have to arrange
them the in the form of tiles like regular ground tiles.

Not only are they small, but it gets to where the windows and doors are less then half the size of
the actual character sprites.
Thanked by:
(01-13-2011, 05:55 PM)Britt Wrote: If I were you, I would make the houses quite a bit larger,to the point where you have to arrange
them the in the form of tiles like regular ground tiles.

Not only are they small, but it gets to where the windows and doors are less then half the size of
the actual character sprites.

i see what you mean but if i were to enlarge the houses, it would make doshin seem less giantish.

as the villagers are npcs, i thought that it wouldn't really be a problem because they're not going
to be witnessed going into the houses (if this ever gets programmed)

i was also thinking of having the villagers smaller because they are too big in relation to doshin and
i think that he is currently of a goodly size in terms of size on the screen because he shouldn't
take up too much space otherwise you can't see him and if he's much smaller he wouldn't really be a giant :/
Thanked by:
Oh my god, I've seen that yellow dude somewhere! In a game or something and I can't remember where and AUGH
Thanked by:
... yeah.
beethoven might be able to tell you. but we're talking about the sprites here.
the perspective seems wrong on the bottom row of houses, middle and left ones. doshin too actually.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Marth
(01-14-2011, 03:22 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: the perspective seems wrong on the bottom row of houses, middle and left ones. doshin too actually.

yeah, i can definately see it on the middle one. i'll fix that up!
i'll make doshin look more downwards too

@MonocleClaire, it's Doshin the Giant from the game Doshin the Giant Tongue it was on the gamecube, i've never played it but it looks fantastic (i like tropical islands and palm trees (as well as large yellow figures with bendy arms))
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
update!

[Image: doshinthelovegiant.png]

been a bit busy so i haven't done much yet, fixed the large stone building (i think)

basic buildings for each tribe done

doshin still needs to be made more top-down-ish and villagers need to be sorted out at some point
Thanked by: