Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I'm new.
http://img208.imageshack.us/i/captaingoldeagle.png/
http://img717.imageshack.us/i/ihatethatg...named.png/
http://img844.imageshack.us/i/ken.png/
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8677/na...downs.png/
The Ken still needs work. I'm trying to finish that today.
The Sasuke is edited.
Thanked by:
I only saw Ken, so I'm commenting about him.

Well, at the moment the pixelart doesn't scream 'Ken' to me. Try messing with his facial features so it looks more like him.

his stomach area is very small too. Work on that. And you're banding the outlines. Avoid doing that, and aim for a more volumous shading.

Any doubts, check the Spriting Dictionary topic pinned on this section of the forum.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
The facial features I agree with, the rest I don't. Big Grin
But I'll post a finished version here. By the way, the whole outline technique stuff doesn't really bother me. I sprite the way I want, not trying to do something that I'm not confortable with, (being a fake spriter) but thanks for showing interest.
Thanked by:
what's a "fake spriter"?

Ken's pants are riding too far up, it's taking up half his torso.
There is something seriously wrong with his shoulders, as if his arms are being pulled from opposite sides.
Take gravity into account, because right now his shoulders look like a straight plank.

[Image: kenk.png]
Messy

On the Captain Gold Eagle, it's fine, except the hair depicts a much longer head.

I see no Sasuke?
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Maxpphire
(01-10-2011, 09:55 AM)Murderbeard Wrote: what's a "fake spriter"?

Ken's pants are riding too far up, it's taking up half his torso.
There is something seriously wrong with his shoulders, as if his arms are being pulled from opposite sides.
Take gravity into account, because right now his shoulders look like a straight plank.

[Image: kenk.png]
Messy

On the Captain Gold Eagle, it's fine, except the hair depicts a much longer head.

I see no Sasuke?

There is a Sasuke, and thanks.
Thanked by:
Yeah you edited the post while I was typing, but the link to the Sasuke 404s
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
so much pillowshading
Thanked by: Nindo, Maxpphire
Quote:[Image: kenk.png]
I don't get it. Some areas convey depth, shape, and light-source perfectly well (See gloves and legs), yet the rest are heavily pillow-shaded, and blocky.

EDT- I think I just slapped 1,000 posts. I am now an honorary TSR member.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
(01-10-2011, 11:14 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
Quote:[Image: kenk.png]
I don't get it. Some areas convey depth, shape, and light-source perfectly well (See gloves and legs), yet the rest are heavily pillow-shaded, and blocky.

EDT- I think I just slapped 1,000 posts. I am now an honorary TSR member.

Thanks again, I'm so lucky that I haven't finished this sprite, otherwise, I'd have more to edit on Ken if it was completed.
Thanked by:
You made Ken look sort of like Iggy Pop.
[Image: iggy_pop_1126686.jpg]
Just sayin.

It's mostly due to two things- you've made his face really narrow, and you've overdone it on the detailing. Too much detailing tends to make someone look craggy or old.
I've always thought Ken was kinda meant to have a bit of a boyish look to him. He's often drawn with big eyes in comparison to other male characters. If you want to make someone look young or a bit childish, then as well as making the eyes a little big, you want to keep the face detail to a minimum- maybe some wrinkling around the mouth (because Ken smirks all of the time), but otherwise try to keep it smooth.

Also because he's pretty stocky and traditionally masculine you'll want to square out his jaw a bit, too.

Also where are his eyebrows? Next you'll be spriting Ryu without the headband... :c
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
(01-10-2011, 09:34 AM)SimTheDog Wrote: I sprite the way I want, not trying to do something that I'm not confortable with

But this is the biggest way you can improve, by going out of your comfort zone.

You honestly have more spriting talent then me and yet you wish to take it nowhere.

If you remove the pillowshading, Make the abdomin longer, make the abs a bit bigger, Fix the face, and maybe make the legs the same length it would look amazing.

If you post your work here, expect us to tell you every little thing that is wrong with it so you can fix it. Don't pull a smeyer thing and decide that you are good enough and don't need to improve, everyone can improve when it comes to any art form.

Even if you are doing this just for fun, you should still strive to improve.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
I appreciate the help and encouragement, safe!
Thanked by: