Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tpoe's stuff
I might as well start a thread to post my stuff, maybe it'll motivate me to finish something for once.

Everything is unfinished :/

[Image: image2t.gif]
[Image: dargon.gif]
[Image: ringoo.png]
[Image: rearwindow.png]
[Image: gatorv.png]

Theres more but thats all I'll post for now.
Thanked by: Proton, Baegal
All I can really critique is the dragon - It has a nice cartoony feel to it, and I think that's what you were going for... so why the dithering? Instead of giving it texture or blending it's just kind of... there. Any specific reason for that?
Thanked by:
(12-26-2010, 03:05 AM)masquerain Wrote: All I can really critique is the dragon - It has a nice cartoony feel to it, and I think that's what you were going for... so why the dithering? Instead of giving it texture or blending it's just kind of... there. Any specific reason for that?

Well it's not actually dithered, I tried texturing, but I guess I'll try again if that's how it appears.
Thanked by:
(12-26-2010, 03:12 AM)TPoe Wrote:
(12-26-2010, 03:05 AM)masquerain Wrote: All I can really critique is the dragon - It has a nice cartoony feel to it, and I think that's what you were going for... so why the dithering? Instead of giving it texture or blending it's just kind of... there. Any specific reason for that?

Well it's not actually dithered, I tried texturing, but I guess I'll try again if that's how it appears.

It looks pretty uniformly dithered to me - maybe break the pattern up a little?

I do think that less is more in the case of something as cartoony as your dragon's design. Maybe a few patches of texture on the knees, elbows, back and belly - or maybe just make scale marks like on This dragon?
Thanked by:
(12-26-2010, 03:31 AM)masquerain Wrote: It looks pretty uniformly dithered to me - maybe break the pattern up a little?

I do think that less is more in the case of something as cartoony as your dragon's design. Maybe a few patches of texture on the knees, elbows, back and belly - or maybe just make scale marks like on This dragon?

Well in any case I'll get back to that dragon later, at the moment I'm mainly working on that Ringo Star picture and this one.[Image: gator.png]
Thanked by: Gwen
I've seen this from somewhere... Did you come for Tigsource or Pixeljoint? I remember seeing that first animation and falling in love with it! Excellent work. Only piece that doesn't seem to match your skill set is the dragon. Keep up what you are doing, I definitely dig you work.
Heart
Thanked by: TPoe
Smile 
Well I did post some of this stuff at Pixelation or Way of the Pixel (I'm not sure what they call it.) But that place seemed a little slow for me. I'm glad you like my pixels. Smile
Thanked by:
the lips on ringo seem to be out of place, as if they were facing foward while the rest of the face was placed at a 3/4 perspective. are you planning on giving it that vector appearance or you're going to soft the endges of the shades?

also, nice dig dug reference Heart
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(12-26-2010, 03:57 AM)TPoe Wrote:
(12-26-2010, 03:31 AM)masquerain Wrote: It looks pretty uniformly dithered to me - maybe break the pattern up a little?

Well in any case I'll get back to that dragon later, at the moment I'm mainly working on that Ringo Star picture and this one.[Image: gator.png]
the alligator: you texture in bands, and there is no specularity which could destroy this impression. you still shade rather flatly and you seem to be squeezing the shades in a confined space. the shoulder looks like a ball, i think you should fix that.
the issue of the first two pieces is the shading, which is lazy (reduced to a minimum/ a level of seeming incompletion and not terribly accurate).
the second portrait's pretty good, but i'd like to see the reference, a wider range of value, and you re-doing the hair.
also: you need more practice on antialiasing (thinking of the ringo portrait).
overall you're not that bad at all! Smile

[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Welcome back to TSR? I haven't seen you post here since 08'. All I can say is that you improved drastically since you last posted a topic, Tpoe.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by: TPoe
Well I tried reshading it based more off the reference I used. I just roughly sketched it on there but I can see it will come out much better this way.
[Image: gatorp.png]

*Edit Well now that I'll add texture once I figure out exactly how I'm gonna do it. It's really not my strongest skill.

And this is the reference I used for Ringo. (Also the lip isn't done, I just quickly sketched it on there)
http://boxothoughts.files.wordpress.com/..._starr.jpg
Thanked by:
you should shade the rest of the lineart, but your reshading is rather inconsistent. the elbow could be lowered down and moved slightly in.
your ringo looks vaguely like the reference, keep trying to get the likeness, you're getting there.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Well this is what I've got so far.
I'd like someone opinion before I continue doing it this way.
Tried fixing the elbow, is that what you meant?
Edit*
Well I decided to continue on another layer so if I needed to I could go back, but I think I'm gonna continue this way.

Edit again*
I"m having a tough time shading the face :/

Aslo to answer your question Fuchikoma, I really don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. Sorry it took so long to reply, it kinda slipped my mind every time I had something new to post.
Thanked by:
*Gasp*

Is that a... Kremling?

Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B], Nindo
(12-28-2010, 12:10 AM)Koopaul Wrote: *Gasp*

Is that a... Kremling?

Ha! Just a few minutes ago I was thinking about turning it into one. I looked up some Kremlings and it had a really strong resemblance.
Thanked by: