Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A few questions regarding Gamecube models
Hello. I have noticed that this helpful site has got several T-pose Gamecube models rips (like Mario Sunshine Mario). I am trying to model hack (import/export) models into Smash Bros. Melee, but that would involve me having the characters in their T-Pose. I'm aware of the 3D Ripper DX method, but that doesn't yield T-Pose.

Could someone please help, I would really appreciate it.
Thanked by:
Well some models come in BMD format and are easy to convert because of a viewer/converted named BMDViewer2. I believe there's a link to it in the game specific model ripping guide thread.

But not all gamecube games use this format so they are harder to rip.

If you would be kind as to rip characters from Melee I would manually reT-pose them. Because there are a few models from it that I would absolutely love to have.
Thanked by:
Oh, that's a shame.

It's just that I remember seeing several people who actually had all the files necessary, but unfortunately I could contact none of them.
Thanked by:
No ssbm converters have been posted on the internet. Some people did or worked on making one but none of them wanted to give it to other people. :[
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
Yes I know, thanks. I happen to be amongst the second wave, and trying to recreate what they had done.
Thanked by:
Well that sounds pretty cool actually. If it ever gets working well enough, I'd love to see the results.

Anyways, I know that there's codes to T-pose the characters on here: http://arcentral.net/Codes/NTSC/ (It should be in Wierd codes and should be called Posing Characters or something). Problem is, it hasn't worked in Dolphin for a while and I don't remember which version it worked in. I know that at one point it worked though because I have some old rips with the wrong FOV that are T-posed. I'm pretty sure I got those rips before Dolphin went Open Source when it went very, very slow though. I'm not sure when exactly the code broke.

Regardless, I was considering ripping those at some point anyway so if you want I could try getting them for you.
Thanked by:
Hey there's a code to make them T-Posed? Now that's handy! If you still have any of those old rips I'd be excited to see them posted. =D
Thanked by:
Actually, scratch that about the T-Pose code not working in the newer versions, I'm a dumbass. I was trying to use the built in code that was supposed to be the same one. What I didn't realize was that the code Dolphin had by default was faulty. I'll try and get some rips up either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Getting characters will take a little bit because of all of the costumes, but it shouldn't be too bad. I may get some of the stages too depending on things go. Combined with the debug menu, I shouldn't have too much trouble.
Thanked by:
I've never heard of someone putting models into Melee, but I know you can in Brawl. I was at an anime convention and the game room was full of hacked systems. it was amazing how they put models of Cloud Strife and Ichigo seemlessly into the game.
Thanked by:
[Image: testxek.jpg]

So as you can see, I've started working on it. Lighting is odd in a few sections because they're made up of different parts and I didn't do any self-illumination settings for the textures like they'd have ingame, but for the most part it looks pretty good I think. I can't guarantee its 1:1 the same as the original model since I used 3D Ripper DX to get it, but its about as close as you can get save using an actual model converter. All I've got left to do for Falcon is get all of his textures together for his default costume since they're scattered around texture dump folder and then do the same thing for all of his costumes.

Edit: Quick question, do you guys think it'd be worth it to rip all of the costumes for everyone as well? I'd still rip the accessories and such for the Pokemon and maybe the Blood Falcon texture, but everything else is just a recolor. If it weren't so time consuming to get all of them I wouldn't even be asking this, but gathering all of the extra textures would make this take much, much longer than it would without doing it.
Thanked by: Solink, Zerox
(12-22-2010, 01:51 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Quick question, do you guys think it'd be worth it to rip all of the costumes for everyone as well? I'd still rip the accessories and such for the Pokemon and maybe the Blood Falcon texture, but everything else is just a recolor. If it weren't so time consuming to get all of them I wouldn't even be asking this, but gathering all of the extra textures would make this take much, much longer than it would without doing it.
Well, I personally think it would be a better idea to have the models complete with every textures.

I can't wait to see your SSBM rips! That game is the one I spent the most time playing. I also like it better than SSBB(probably because Brawl is more "serious" and also the fact that they took out Mewtwo >:[ )
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
Well alright then, guess I've got a lot more work to do.

I totally agree on Melee>Brawl too. It doesn't really feel too serious to me so much as its a little less cartoony and not as fast paced. Not to mention every old character go nerfed. And Mewtwo being removed was definitely a downer for me too.
Thanked by: Solink
In my opinion as nice as Brawl is, there just isn't as much skill needed to play and be good at it with so many new 1-hit KO items.

On the other hand when playing brawl you set it to 3 lives, no items, and go to final destination and brawl it out; Now that's skill!

Anyway.... I personally would quite prefer having more characters faster as opposed to less characters with more recolor costumes. I would like to have the other costumes eventually but with most it just isn't a big enough change to be worth it.

My opinion is you could just rip the characters with default costumes and then submit the alternate color textures to Textures Resource.
Thanked by:
Well most of the problem is just getting the textures sorted since I have to go through around 20-30 of them for Captain Falcon alone per costume. He has 4 alternate costumes to rip so it may take a while to get them all done. I'm really hoping not every character has this many textures.
Thanked by:
Shadowth you should try using Blender to auto combine the textures! It could speed up your process a whole lot.

Import your model into Blender (textures should be assigned already in your .3dr file) so just export your .3dr file to Obj or something easy for Blender to read. Then press select everything and again to unselect everything.

Now scroll out until the model is really small in your view. Right click it and scroll in to make sure everything now has a pink outline around it to confirm you've selected everything.

Now on the very far left you'll see a grid like image with two up and down arrows on a button next to it. Click that and instead of 3D View change to UV/Image Editor.

Off to the right a little but still on the left side there is an option called "Image" click that and then go up to "Consolidate into one image." Set the texture size you want, by the sounds of it there are a lot of textures so 1024 (it's the default size) should be fine.

Then hit okay and it'll make your new combined texture. Click Image and then click Save As and save the texture somewhere you can find it.

Now you could switch back to the 3D View if you wanted to but it's not required. At the top go to [i]"File>Export"[/b] and export it as a .obj again, I recommend giving it a new name. Then you can reimport it into any program you want and the textures will all be combined into 1 texture instead.

I just tested doing this on KH2's Beast who had 9 textures and I combined it to 512x512 and it works fantastically!

If you have further questions just ask.
Thanked by: