Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Unleashed Model Rip WIP
im planning to rip and submit it to the resource!

ITS NOT READY YET!!
Thanked by:
Alright well that's cool and all, but please wait until you've got something to show next time before making a thread.
Thanked by: Garamonde
alright but its in work right now though i'll show it later
Thanked by:
Wii/ps2 or 360/ps3?
Thanked by:
If you're doing Unwiished don't even bother. Done so many times.

If you're doing PS2 It'd only be interesting to compare the two models.

IF you're doing PS360, Don't. People will kill you for getting that out to the public.
Thanked by:
(12-31-2010, 04:08 PM)randomxfirerecording Wrote: If you're doing Unwiished don't even bother. Done so many times.

Done so many times yet there aren't any posted here at all. He's doing us a favor if he rips and posts his here even if it's from Wii.

Besides you have no right to say what he can and can't rip. He can rip and post whatever the heck he wants. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if people went around degrading your desire to do something and share it here, so don't go around doing it to other people.
I have to agree with Zerox honestly, but I doubt this guys gonna even end up coming back in the next few months if at all.

And honestly, its his choice if he releases PS3 or 360 models if he has access to them. While I KNOW other communities seem to be extremely against that I won't have that here. They never seem to come up with better reasons for it than complaints about recolors and Garry's mod usage. I can't support that argument because we've had recolors of various things for YEARS and other than people making occasional, retarded videos that never hurt anyone anyway.

Same thing for Garry's mod crap since they have most of that junk anyway. If they already have 06 Sonic then why does it matter if they get a version of him that looks only a little different design wise from say Unleashed? It doesn't. I certainly respect the wishes of someone if they make a tool that converts models and they don't want to keep it public since they made it in the first place, but its not right to just tell people to hoard things if its been released to a bunch of people already. That's been my stance on it and I'm sticking to it.
I don't understand what the hubbub is all about, they are just models, why argue about things are fought about on OTHER websites other than models resorce?. if the fight comes here then it will be dealt with quickly, this is a place for creative constructive critisisim. I am looking forward to see models from unleashed.
Thanked by:
As much as I'd like to at times valfor, the people he's referring to are from large communities of people which is nothing to scoff at. There's no reason to go out of our way to make enemies.
Thanked by:
Hey, calm down Zerox, I was only saying it's not worth the trouble. He can do whatever he wants...

But I agree about the Unleashed model deal. This "community" is really just Sonic Retro and YouTubers who do things like Blitz Sonic.
Thanked by:
It is pretty much just retro and a few dudes from X-Cult that make the converters in the first place.

Regardless, everytime this topic comes up it brings up WAY more drama than it should so lets just keep all posts from this point on topic in this thread alright guys?
Thanked by:
okay back on track then. How many charecter models do you think can be found within the game?
Thanked by:
The model itself is has super sonic and sonic i've reached sonic
but not Super Sonic its T-posed and riggable hands.
by the way i did get a hold of ripping the 360 model
(from the E3 Demo) but it's missing its rig and texture
i have it in .obj .dae .smd and .mdl format

but i won't release it because of the recolors and stealing
im not like that at all
Thanked by:
Alright well for one thing, if it isn't your own rip, and it really doesn't sound like it is to me, than don't bother releasing it here in the first place since its not your work.

Secondly if you're not going to release something because of "recolors and stealing" than while I respect your right not to release it, that's one of the stupidest copouts of all time since not only will it do little to really hurt you, but its happened for years with sprites and I don't seem to recall anything horrible happening because of it. It'd be like writing a book and not publishing it because someone might write about a similar concept, create a parody, or make fan fiction out of it. I also find it funny how the Sonic community is the ONLY one that seems to make huge deals of this. But I digress, I think its a silly excuse and I don't care to argue about it again.

Lastly, its fine if you want to submit stuff here, but if you're just going to come here and show your rips off without offering them to us than you can just leave. There's no reason to mention that you have something on a site like this if you don't plan on submitting. Its rude really. Now I quite seriously apologize if I'm coming off as harsh and I've misjudged your intentions, but there are places for gloating that you have something you won't give out to others and this isn't one of them.

So share your rips if you like, we encourage it and appreciate anyone who does, but don't come here in an attempt to make yourself special by hoarding.
Thanked by:
As annoying as hell the recolors may be, there aren't many people who really do that for stuff. If they do, it's mainly for Sprite Comics. And plus, Stealing? Pshhaw... Technically you're stealing from SEGA, if you just keep it to yourself. Pedantic Me says that SEGA already released the model.

SEGA, One of the most lax of all gaming companies [about fan games], and the one that listens to its fans [a little too well].

Also how did you manage to extract from the .gno from the Wii game?

Oh, and are you 3DRCzy?

If so, then Pics of the rips or it didn't happen.
Thanked by: