Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Viewing alpha layers in SNES games
I remember seeing somewhere at some time about some program that would let you see all the layers of an SNES game and what's going on with each layer, such as alpha blending and whatnot. It would, as far as I remember, basically let you see a layer at full opacity even though in-game it's translucent.

Does anyone know the name of the program? I can't find it mentioned on this forum and I thought that's where I saw it mentioned. Sad

I'm working on Front Mission on the SNES and I'm trying to rip the silhouette of the plane in mission 2, which seems to have lots of things going on with it and I can't find it at all in my tile viewers.

EDIT: BGMapper lets me see the plane, which is all fine and dandy, but I'm also curious as to what was actually being done to the sprite layer to make it ripple and appear black and what not.
Thanked by:
Try vSNES.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
I'll fiddle with it. It's not the same program I was thinking of, but it appears it might have what I'm looking for. Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Thanked by:
vSNES is the main one that I know of.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: