Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with ripping N64 models
Hey,
I'm fairly new at ripping models. I was trying to rip some models from Pokémon Snap, everything was right.

• I made the VRML folder in the C:\ directory.
•I have Nemu64, which has a ripping plugin preinstalled.
• I paused, clicked "Export VRML", clicked F4 two times, and clicked off "Export VRML".
• I was at the right place with the model I wanted in view, but when I looked in the "VRML" folder, there was nothing.

If you really want to know, I used Nemu64 because it renders every single texture. When I use P64 or 1964, it omits some textures in complete ROMs.

I have a PC with Nvidia Geforce FX 5600, and Intel Pentinum 4, and it runs perfectly. Nothing is wrong, it's just that I can't rip the models and the textures for some reason.

Does anyone know what's happening?
Thanked by:
Well that's your problem right there. Admittedly its not very straightforward so its not easy to figure out, but it doesn't make a VRML folder. In fact, it doesn't even make an VRML file. It makes a file called "Output.wrl" in the root directory of your C drive.
Thanked by:
Sad 
(12-14-2010, 04:07 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Well that's your problem right there. Admittedly its not very straightforward so its not easy to figure out, but it doesn't make a VRML folder. In fact, it doesn't even make an VRML file. It makes a file called "Output.wrl" in the root directory of your C drive.

Yeah, I didn't see that. A tutorial video explained to make a VRML folder, and it would put .BMP and .WRL files in there when you export. Geez, doing this is harder than I thought. Tongue
Thanked by:
Never seen that video, but I'd reckon it either uses some rare updated version of the plugin or its complete bull. Not to mention those .bmp files you mentioned aren't created with it. You can dump them separately, but you have to find and apply them yourself.
Thanked by:
No actually you can dump the .wrl and the .bmp that go with them to the VRML folder. It works quite well for me you just have to make sure you have the correct version of the plugin.

You see you can find the plug-in here in the first post: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21092

But that's a version that isn't working correctly just a few more posts down he posts the working version that dumps the textures and .wrl file properly. Or you could just follow this link instead: http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=20...ostcount=7
Thanked by:
Well that would definitely explain why it never worked that way for me. Thanks Zerox.
Thanked by: