Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprites and potentially animations :o
Well ok I already made a few (read: two) animations for practice.
[Image: parrrrkerrrrrr.gif]
[Image: amaterasuidle.gif]
I recorded myself making the last one as a request for someone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_maw7j2P_g

Venom's kind of tiny, so I might make him bigger? I'm aware the far shoulder's shading makes absolutely no sense, I'm pretty lazy about fixing that though. Amaterasu is ridiculously simple at the moment, so any suggestions to make it more lively are appreciated! (I'm pretty sure I should probably have the body move a bit more.) Also, I can't do fire yet so you can laugh at how terrible that looks right now and then tell me how fire actually behaves. (I also fudged the frame rate on that one so ignore how fast it is.)

[Image: sirclobber.png]
Sir Clobbers the Gentleman Robot, I'm planning on animating him at some point in the future. Idle + GENOCIDE MISSILES.

[Image: wip-160.png]
[Image: liukangsfa.png]
Some Street Fighter Alpha style stuff. The Lyn (top one) is still a WIP, I need to resize everything above the legs so she doesn't have thunder thighs argh.

[Image: marioplatform.png]
[Image: mario.png]
[Image: metalmario.png]
Super Morio, who is in no way shape or form related to Mario ever. I'm considering making higher res versions and animating Mega Morio just for the sheer giggles of seeing it lumber around. I made the mugs first a while ago (I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than a year) and they're here just so I can say "Here's the inspiration for the sprites!"

Also, HENSHIN! (aka some Kamen Riders)
[Image: decade-1.png]
I mostly doodled these in MSPaint hence all the colors except yellow are default XP stuff. That's probably better for Decade and Diend though (The two on the right.) I get the feeling that if I need to provide reference for something, these guys are probably the ones that need it the most so here you go (from left to right):

Kabuto
Kuuga
Diend
Decade

Eventually I want to get the Kabuto, W, and OOO riders' transformations and finishers animated in this style (and you know not as boring a pose) and some Sentai characters too (Samurai and maybe Gokaiger if it's not terrible) and also some of the MotWs. But that'll be for later, I have more important stuff to worry about (like finals.)
Okami looks like he has no neck, he could also be a little bit longer. Rest looks great so far.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
wow, i love the mario stuff, the kamen riders, and lynn
Thanked by: Iceman404
(12-10-2010, 09:03 AM)[fish in space] Wrote: wow, i love the morio stuff, the kamen riders, and lynn

fixed
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
[Image: marioplatform.png]
I like these. I like these a lot. The shape on the Big Hulking Morio is excellent.

The Amaterasu looks a bit chunky to me. The original character design is really sleek, and she's pretty fast moving, so it seems a bit strange that you've bulked her up. I'm not sure I get exactly what she's doing, either - it looks fine as an idle until her legs and head start quivering. I don't know exactly what you were trying to do there x:

Also:
Quote:Street Fighter Alpha style stuff ... I need to resize everything above the legs so she doesn't have thunder thighs argh
Capcom style without thunder thighs? Ye speak in tongues.
The only thing I see that really needs fixing on Lyn is the lower leg, actually; you've made the calf look really short.
[Image: calf%20muscles.jpg]
See? The whole muscle should be a lot longer and taper more towards the end. You've made it too round, basically.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Gwen, Maxpphire, Kitsu
(12-10-2010, 08:34 AM)Davias Wrote: Okami looks like he has no neck, he could also be a little bit longer. Rest looks great so far.
I haven't actually played the Okami games but I'm pretty sure the wolf is called Amaterasu and is a female? I'll see what I can do about that neck since the form needs improvement.

(12-10-2010, 09:14 AM)Gors٫ Gors Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 09:03 AM)[fish in space] Wrote: wow, i love the morio stuff, the kamen riders, and lynn

fixed
Cool

(12-10-2010, 09:46 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: [Image: marioplatform.png]
I like these. I like these a lot. The shape on the Big Hulking Morio is excellent.

The Amaterasu looks a bit chunky to me. The original character design is really sleek, and she's pretty fast moving, so it seems a bit strange that you've bulked her up. I'm not sure I get exactly what she's doing, either - it looks fine as an idle until her legs and head start quivering. I don't know exactly what you were trying to do there x:

Also:
Quote:Street Fighter Alpha style stuff ... I need to resize everything above the legs so she doesn't have thunder thighs argh
Capcom style without thunder thighs? Ye speak in tongues.
The only thing I see that really needs fixing on Lyn is the lower leg, actually; you've made the calf look really short.
[Image: calf%20muscles.jpg]
See? The whole muscle should be a lot longer and taper more towards the end. You've made it too round, basically.
Thanks! About Amaterasu, I threw the leg shivering in there because the body wasn't doing anything interesting and I wanted to make it less boring. I'll see what I can do about the proportions, haven't played Okami before (yes shame on me I know) and the references I found weren't very clear about her profile proportions.

Chun-li: Argh my weakness with leg anatomy shows up again! I assume by the lower leg you mean the left one (bending down.)
Thanked by:
Yeah, the other leg looks fine to me, it's just the bent one that has a bit of a strange shape :V

Amaterasu is a pretty sleek sort of character, and she's fast, so having her stocky looks a bit strange is all. I'm fairly certain she's meant to be a wolf, but maybe looking at foxes might help you with the shape? They tend to be leaner. c:
You really should play Okami though! It's excellent c:
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
How long has this guy been around for? He's awesome. I want to see a Morio running animation.

Thanked by: Iceman404, brandman1996
(12-10-2010, 02:17 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: Amaterasu is a pretty sleek sort of character, and she's fast, so having her stocky looks a bit strange is all. I'm fairly certain she's meant to be a wolf, but maybe looking at foxes might help you with the shape? They tend to be leaner. c:
You really should play Okami though! It's excellent c:

I've played Okami, and Amaterasu should really be sleeker. She looks really strange like that, and the animation is also weird, I'm not sure what it's meant to be, but it looks like whatever it is must be in a high wind, because the tail is moving so fast. :/
Thanked by:
You *miiiight* be able to blame the fast tail animation on the oversped framerate? Otherwise the animation was supposed to be an idle animation.

(No updates for the thread yet, sorry!)
Thanked by:
these are awesome

i don't know what you were trying to do with the legs of Amaterasu, but it looks like she's got jelly legs now.
the second sf sprite's right hand is at a weird angle. is it supposed to be holding a weapon?
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Belated Happy New Year to everyone! :p I should probably update this thread a *bit* more frequently. Maybe.Shy

@Murderbeard: ...yeah that actually is kind of awkward to make. Thanks for pointing that out! :X

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to fix up Amaterasu for a while due to doing a request for someone:
[Image: icedragon0000.gif]
For reference it's the Ice Dragon from Fire Emblem:
http://serenesforest.net/media/fe7illust/l/Art3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/V...FE7/33.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/V...FE7/27.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/V...FE7/60.png
In case it's not immediately obvious the red line is a reference for the tail for the final version. (Yes I'm being lazy and trying to reduce the amount of work I need to do Rolleyes )
Thanked by:
[Image: icedragon.png]
Clean version of the first frame of the previous WIP, waiting for a response from the requester. In the meantime, I present to you the CRUSHROOM
[Image: crushroom.png]
Does the crushroom crush rooms?

nice pixelling, although I don't get the dragon's pose. Looks like he only has legs atm.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Rosencrantz
(01-20-2011, 07:39 PM)Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors Wrote: Does the crushroom crush rooms?
It could!

The dragon's pose is a variation of the one in this reference:
http://serenesforest.net/media/fe7illust/l/Art3.jpg
If it's still not clear, I'll do sketches at different angles when I'm not in class.
Thanked by: