Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IN DEVELOPMENT] Flightless: The Journey of Birdgirl
[Image: zRg40.gif]
Logo is not final.

Flightless is a platformer project being programmed for the iPhone, PC, and XBOX 360 Arcade(?). In Flightless, you play as a little girl named Birdgirl, who was raised by a family of birds and endowed with a small amount of bird abilities, allowing her to glide and perform a powerful pound attack. When Birdgirl's family gets kidnapped by a race of enemies known as the "Catties," she goes on an adventure to go save them from the Catties, hoping that she finally learns how to fly.

The gameplay is very simple and revolves around the gliding abilities and pounding attacks-- both of which can be used to find secrets, branching paths, etc. It's most likely going to be the first project we release purely under the PixelxCore IG name. The project started mostly for the sake of getting PxC to start up on smaller projects with the community.

[Image: nbT3s.png][Image: MzUIq.png]
[Image: koDys.png][Image: uTbc8.png]

Flightless is planned for a Q1 2011 release. A demo will likely be released soon.
This may be just me, but I think the grass/leaves/etc. are too saturated. I find my eyes being dragged towards them first in all the stills you've posted. It doesn't seem so bad in the video, though.

The engine itself looks pretty nice.
Sold.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

wow she jumps unnaturally high

looks good otherwise
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(12-08-2010, 11:38 PM)Vipershark Wrote: wow she jumps unnaturally high
She also glides in the air. :V
Thanked by:
Yeah, but the gliding part makes sense.

She can jump like... 3 times her height.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, yeah, she is Birdgirl.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Gors, Alpha Six, Gwen, S-Cpu, Proton
idk about the aa in the clouds, it looks bad to me :I

but it probably won't be seen in a tv/phone screen, so it's ok

also I look forward to this!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Animation wise, her jump/land cycle seems to be a bit choppy compared to the other, smoother animations. But so far the gameplay looks decent.
Thanked by:
She looks a bit manly to me, if I didn't know the title of the game I'd never guessed she was a girl.
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by: Kitsu, Gors
are those cats or dogs :v

Thanked by: Kitsu
They're cats, it'll be a lot more obvious when I come up with a better palette :I

Remember guys, these are just placeholders. A lot of graphics you'll see in our beta previews for our games are usually just placeholder graphics.
Thanked by:
will all the enmies be cats but some are on pogosticks etc.
Thanked by:
Yeah, they are.
Thanked by:
FYI to everyone:

If this goes un-updated for months, don't make this into the new Fate's Mirror.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: