Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
#'s Workshop
So, um, here's one of my most recent WIPs and actually the main reason I came here, you could say:
[Image: 2m0om.png]

The main character and my first major custom (only the eyes are untouched despite the hair being a fairly simple splice)
[Image: ys8Sp.png]

Here's another important character, though he's not quite important enough to warrant being a custom:
[Image: fMGBl.png]

We're getting into older, less-complex sprites now. Here's one that seemed pretty impressive way back when, but I think she could do with some fixing now:
[Image: RjM6R.png]

None of my battle sprites are as well-organized as those, so I'll just have those up for now. In case it wasn't obvious by the formatting, I'm making sprites for a ROMhack of mine and want some critiqueWink

(I hope I'm doing this right. Say, I'm starting to see a pattern in my posts here alreadyBlank)

[EDIT: Changed the subject name]
Thanked by:
third guy definitely needs some shading on his face from that helmet.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by: Maxpphire
the aa needs more work on the wip.
and stop playing with words, i'm not sure which sprites are edits and which are customs: which ones did you do from scratch? i'm not going to bite your head off if you give me a straight and honest answer.
you're making these for a romhack... but apart from that, what do you sprite for? do you sprite just for illustrating your projects, or is it the actual spriting that interests you?
for now your sprites seem pretty good, but i think it's soon time to go on to something else, maybe a different style or even a fully fledged custom. Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Nindo, Maxpphire
First red armor guy: FC

Second blue armor guy: about 85% custom, 15% spliced

Third grey armor guy: about 20% custom, 80% spliced.

Fourth green-haired girl: about 5% custom, 95% spliced.

Also, I sprite in this style mostly for the project, but I've done some splices in a few other styles such as Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
[Image: KpnTk.gif]
(Believe it or not, it uses way more than the 2 sources it seems to) among others, though most of my non-FE sprites were lost after my computer crashed. I used to do more FCs, albeit in a simpler style, for the sake of spriting itself, typically.

And, uh, what's "aa"?Blank
Thanked by:
whats with the random number name. what does it means.
Thanked by:
From the "Spriting Dictionary"
Quote:ANTI-ALIASING (aka AA)- It's a technique where you place mid-tone pixels in strategical places to make the line smoother.
[Image: Anti-aliasing.jpg]
In this case, the black line is anti-aliased by gray pixels placed on the 'corners' because the background is white (white+black=gray). If the line was red, then the gray dots should be changed to light pink to properly anti-aliase it.
Keep in mind that that image example was generated with Photoshop, so there's a lot of midtone pixels aliasing it. In spriting, obviously you'll want to use a less extreme AA. Only place them in jagged places; if the line is already smooth without AA, there's no need to do it.

You should go read that topic, it could be useful.
Thanked by:
Oh, right, that. Actually, I think x0_000 showed me that exact tutorial XD

And, uh, I have no idea what the name means. I made it quite a while ago.

Hopefully I'll have some sprites by my next post, though. Been busy.
Thanked by:
YAAAAAAAAAAAY Christmas break!

Made a few basic edits to the near pauldron. I just noticed that there's one too many brown pixels below that pauldron, but I'll fix that later. For now, what else could be improved on?
[Image: wU3b2.png]
Thanked by:
post the original so we can ell how much of this is actually custom and how much if it its just an edit.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
The original of the one I just posted? Well, the second-to-most-recent version is in the first post, but I'll stick it back here:
Before-
[Image: 2m0om.png]
After-
[Image: wU3b2.png]

EDIT: By the way, the only changes are in the shoulderplate, I believe.
Thanked by:
I think he meant the source material but uh, guys he said this one's full custom

You could post the source material for the rest of them though
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Righto!
[Image: CckIC.png]
I probably forgot a few sources, and it should be noted that these versions of the mugs may be a tad outdated, though.
Thanked by:
No comments? Bah.

Well, since I HIGHLY doubt any of you have seen these, I figure it's safe to show them without giving away who I am (even though if you know me, you know it, and if you don't... Well, you don't.)
[Image: OhLJU.png][Image: jH48V.png]
Yeah, I see a few problems like how the 1st one's stance is too wide and the 3rd one's bangs are too high up, but how's the style in general?

EDIT: I was wondering why the last one looked funny. Fixed.

EDIT2: Changed the shape of the first person's head and took that one red pixel out. Didn't get around to fixing other obvious problems.
Thanked by:
i'd really know who you are.

as in, what is this pseudo mistery is suposed to be.
Thanked by:
Basically, I'd rather certain communities only know certain sides of me. But that's completely irrelevant. More important is how the heck the 3rd character's book bag is staying on.
Thanked by: