Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
some kind of cat....thing
[Image: CHx9J.png]
I haven't done any spriting in a while so I'm trying to get back into the groove before I do my secret santa gift

help me tsr
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Nindo, Gwen, Maxpphire
Not sure if I've ever said this, but I really dig the way you stylize things.
However, I never know how to critique them due to the fact that it's such a strange style.

What is the black part in between the moustache, the other eye? I am having a hard time figuring out what that is.
Also, I think the left (his right) part of the the stomach could use a bit more shape readability shading.
好love好
ref=Comrade>/Bk/C2B/Gors,1,2//Sploder/
ref=Nindo>/Apk/Bk/Green//unno/
misc>/Diogalesu/
[Image: fFrame1Big.gif][Image: Frame1Big.gif]
[devart]
his hat (?) looks a bit off-centered with how you made the circle pattern on it. it looks like it's falling forward, towards us, when it should probably be pushed to the side more due to the tilt of his head.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by: Phantom Killah, Ngamer01
(12-07-2010, 11:35 PM)Not Thanked by: Nindo Wrote: What is the black part in between the moustache, the other eye? I am having a hard time figuring out what that is.

I believe what you're referring to is his nose
Thanked by:
it looks great
Thanked by:
[Image: catnv.png]
I made some adjustments to your sprite. I made a new hat. And changed the colors up a bit. I also edited the pants and face slightly. Including a few areas of shading. What do you think?

(Left: Original, Right: My Edit.)
(12-09-2010, 04:34 PM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: [Image: catnv.png]
I made some adjustments to your sprite. I made a new hat. And changed the colors up a bit. I also edited the pants and face slightly. Including a few areas of shading. What do you think?

If anything, the edit should be to show the OP how to improve, not to ask for comments on your edit.

[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Iceman404, Gwen
You really should tilt the nose to an angle, or not make it a basic shape, because right now, it looks more like an eye.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Nindo, Baegal
Am I the only one who knew it was a nose immediately?
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue, Gwen
(12-09-2010, 10:48 PM)Devicho Wrote: Am I the only one who knew it was a nose immediately?

nope.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
(12-09-2010, 06:17 PM)Baegal Wrote: If anything, the edit should be to show the OP how to improve, not to ask for comments on your edit.
I was asking the original author his opinion of my edit. I was not asking anyone else except Phant mmkay to make a comment.
Thanked by:
You could have used PM for that though.

Back on-topic, the cut-off nose is not angled properly and the right eye (left from our viewpoint) is not visible when it should be partially visible with the current face angle.

Otherwise this is pretty good.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by:
[Image: MFUvd.png]
took your comments into account
Thanked by: Ngamer01
(12-09-2010, 04:34 PM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: [Image: catnv.png]

nothing wrong in doing this. although i'd have to be honest and say that the edit > original.
Thanked by:
This is what I meant.
[Image: randomcatlikethingbypkt.png]

EDIT: Why does this character remind me of CatDog?
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: