Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
BEST POKEMON SPRITES EVER
Wink 
Im on a mission to make the best pokemon sprites humanly possible.
Im new at this though so any tips would be greatly appriciated.
Heres an example of what Im talkin about:
[Image: Pikachu.png]
Thanked by:
These aren't the best pokemon sprites ever you liar

it looks really blurry, for starters. Like, really blurry
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Kitsu, Gwen, Cshad, DioShiba
I'll admit they look a little better than I expected, but they also look kinda blurry, like they were hastily resized or something...

Also, why did you post this both here and in the submissions board?
Thanked by:
this isn't the best pokémon sprites ever, it's blurry as hell, and it might be just a bunch of edits

explain yourself before I take an action.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
I have a much less blurry version that I used in MS Paint but whenever I save it as a png or GIF it gets all screwed up, so I decided PNG did less damage than GIF abd just went with it.
How do I sve the file without jacking it up?

(And yes, BEST POKEMON SPRITES EVER is an exaggeration but a good title nonetheless)
Thanked by:
That's really weird. Saving as PNG in Paint shouldn't be messing with it any more than slightly messing up the palette...

What version of Paint are you using (98, XP, Vista, etc.)?
Thanked by:
Windows XP.
And its pretty annoying. Is this better?
[Image: Pikachum.png]
I used GIMP this time.
If you open this in Paint it looks fine.
Thanked by:
Well, it's still blurry. And this time you can't blame Paint, since I use XP Paint all the time and it never gives many any troubles like that.

Maybe you're using an incorrect link? Some image hosts resize images a bit if you don't give them the right specifications...

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like it was resized sometime after you made it.
Thanked by:
Did you resize the sheet at any point? Doing that usually creates anti-aliasing that makes the image blurrier, which tends to ruin sprites.
Just a sec, it could've been your image hosting site that resized the picture; Photobucket seems to do that sometimes. Maybe someone knows a site that doesn't resize larger images?

Edit: oops, ninja'd by sploder
Thanked by: Kitsu
Upload it to a different host; like imageshack or imgur. This has potential; but most of it seems like blantant editing from the Pikachu in the SSBB Project.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
i am calling my dibs on a edit of something else.
Thanked by:
Yeah photobucket did resize it.
Heres from ImageShack which said 1184x962 like the attributes inpaint. it should be it:
[Image: pikachumm.png]
Nice n' crispy.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I can tell it is resized, principally the large sprites. Don't do that, as they screw up the resolution of the pixels.

ALSO non-pixel-related tip:

Quote:(And yes, BEST POKEMON SPRITES EVER is an exaggeration but a good title nonetheless)

No, it's not a good title. Using exaggerated words only increases the probability of not being the best pokémon sprites ever, and that can only cause fights between members.

I know that naming your title is an important way to promote yourself and your work, but using false or way too confident affirmations is a shit move.

Be humble when doing /apparently/ simple things as that, because it's on those small actions that your personality is built.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Black_Attack
Uhh...I think these are resized edits of my sprites:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/28654
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
(12-05-2010, 09:43 PM)JoshR691 Wrote: Uhh...I think these are resized edits of my sprites:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/28654

oh welp
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: