Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] Halo: Out With a Whimper :: Seeking new Sprite Artists!
Hello denizens of TSR, I’m KWDzero from the small independent game studio Triblox. At the moment we are working on a completely free fan game based on the Halo universe called Halo: Out With a Whimper. We are creating the game under the Microsoft Game Content usage rules; so legality is not a problem. We are already a few years into development, and have an engine set up along with several released playable demos of the game. We are pushing for a release date of the game late this spring, but we need some help pushing the project into its more mature phases. We’re looking for a few individuals to join up with the Triblox team and help us out in creating a great game! The game itself is a 2D sprite based platformer that will include a variety of different modes, a full length Campaign, online stat tracking and eventually an online multiplayer mode!

For more information, you can always visit our website:
http://www.triblox.org/outwithawhimper

Screenshots:
[Image: OS10.png]

[Image: 2.1.png]

[Image: OS7.png]

Here are the positions that we’re currently recruiting for. Please note that the project is entirely a volunteer based free one, and no money is involved whatsoever. If you are interested in taking up a position on the team from the ones below; respond to this topic saying so, or send me a Private message. Thank you!

Level Designer(s): We are looking for some people who can help design levels for a 2D game. You will be working under a Lead Level Designer, who will essentially be who you report to. The design lead will help you get a good understanding of the engine, and then you will start to design levels. Some levels will be multiplayer spaces, while others will be Single Player. Designs are usually submitted as scanned in graph paper and pencil concepts, but if you find an easier way that you can submit designs (Perhaps with Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator) that would also be acceptable.
Applicants: It would be helpful if you post a list of past experience; but it so we know a brief history of your game design background. Or if you are new to design; a reason why you want the spot and what you can do to help.

Sprite Artist(s): We are looking for talented sprite/pixel artists who can help with the in-game visuals. As a sprite artist you will report to a lead artist who will direct you in creating sprite characters, weapons, scenery and whatever else we see fit based on your talents.
Applicants: Include some examples of sprite art you have made, so we can see how you could help us out best.

Thanks for reading!

Thanked by: Key, Gwen
Allow me to say: holy crap, I'm impressed.

The game definitely looks well put together and, being the halo fan I am, I would totally download this

and
welp
I'd actually be interested in doing some sprite work for this : )

I've been meaning to do some Halo sprites for a while now, but I never really had much motivation to do it. Perhaps this will help me along~

and as for an example of sprite art?

http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/33983

I haven't really done too much besides this piece : (
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: Gwen
Looks pretty cool, I'll PM you with some more info.

Positions will still be open, we need all the help we can get~!
Thanked by: Rosencrantz
I just downloaded the demo, and I've got to say, I'm really impressed with this. The art looks great, and it was a lot of fun. I look forward to future releases.
XBL: ZRDragoon - PSN: Zubodybop - Steam: XDNESS
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
You still looking for a level designer? Because I'm not a massive HALO fan or anything, it's all right, but this looks like a nice piece of work. Genki ^_^
By just looking at this, I am intrigued. I have experience with Game Maker, but I should still be able to learn this TriBlox program pretty quickly. If you still have the spot open, I'm in. Big Grin
"The shattered dreams of your society
Will dissipate with pacifism and subtlety
All will fade but homicide.
Part of a minority,
I'm just a casualty"
[Image: imager.php?id=1361801]
http://tank-eater.deviantart.com/
Thanked by:
(12-06-2010, 12:19 AM)Tank Eater Wrote: You still looking for a level designer? Because I'm not a massive HALO fan or anything, it's all right, but this looks like a nice piece of work. Genki ^_^
By just looking at this, I am intrigued. I have experience with Game Maker, but I should still be able to learn this TriBlox program pretty quickly. If you still have the spot open, I'm in. Big Grin

We actually use gamemaker; Triblox is just our studio name. = P

We could always use some helping hands working with the game in game maker also, I'll talk to the project lead about it.
Thanked by: Tank Eater
That's cool that you got on Bungie, also I fucking love this.
I love the forge easter eggs.
Thanked by:
Like Rosencrantz, I really like Halo, and this is pretty rad, good luck C:
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: