Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DeepSeaTooth's Plusle and Minun Custom Project
Ok, currently started on a SSB style sheet with those two rabbits you love to hate: Plusle and Minun.

[Image: plusleandminun.png]

You know the drill, criticism = improvement

Oh, and in case you are wondering, here is my moveset:

B: Thunder wave, surrounds the dynamic duo in a circle of electricity
-> B: Thunderbolt, fires a line of electricity forward
/l\ B: Baton Pass, Minun throws Plusle up, who attracts Minun to it electrically
\l/ B: Substitute, Minun pulls out a cuddly toy, and holds it in the way when attacked

(EDIT: don't think I've stopped working on the smash bros project, because I haven't. This is a solo project on the side)
Thanked by:
The outlines and shading need more work, they also seem distorted, especially Plusle.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Small update, by what you said Chris. For some reason I cant get Plusles head right

Thanked by:
Both of their heads are magnificently mishapen; they need to be rounder. These also take parts from existing sprites, which is a bit of a nono..
use simpler shapes. two ovals should be enough as far as body and head goes.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Sorry, I already made the new sprites when I saw your comment. Anyway, Ill upload that one and see if they still need touching up

Thanked by:
[Image: 200px-Plusle.png?et=%2CCwOJS4%2C3EnkpaMm...=220276229][Image: 200px-Minun.png?et=hsDZlrDsnijvf0RTzu7gX...=220276229]
you're not even close, besides being as cheap as copying the original sprites faces isn't going to help you.
It did look like I copied their faces, didn't it. However I did actually draw their faces myself.

Anyway, thanks for the images. The sprites weren't enough of an example to use as an example
Thanked by:
start all over. i don't think you can really fix that without screwing it even more.

and just for the sake of making details easier, work on a sligthy bigger canvas.
yeah... I can't really choose colours because my computer screen is screwed up, but Ill give it a shot anyway
Thanked by:
Ok, uh, this is going to sound really really weird, but could somebody please give me a palette to work from? Since Im starting from scratch, I decided to change the colours, of which my computer cant show properly, blah blah blah...

One step at a time, first working on the stature/ pose
Thanked by:
My problem with the outline is that it barely even looks like Pusle/Minun

I'd focus on the references you have and at least try to mimic the shapes of the bodies.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
again, use two ovals. the character is that simple that you could almost draw it entirely with the shape tool on MSpaint.
[Image: gDjWv.png]
of course using the shape tool to draw a character is not something you should always do but at least i'd make thinsg way easier for you, on this particular character. not to mention i'd make it extremely stiff and unnatural in any other character

as for the palette, why don't you just make it easier for yourself and pick the colors from the original sprites. if we're to replicate them, lets take some load off your shoulders and work first on having you being able to make a decent lineart.

besides its not like anyone would give you a "palette" to work from -don't be that incompetent-, you're not a baby who can't figure out that if you can't develop a sense of colors you can always take them from an already working palette. a sense of colors you'll still develop in time, with practice. if you keep trying of course.
Thanked by: Nindo, Chris2Balls [:B]
He has a reason as to why he doesn't make his own palette.
(11-09-2010, 02:25 PM)DeepSeaTooth Wrote: my computer screen is screwed up

Either way, they're all good tips. Please listen to him, SeaTooth. You need to really improve your lineart.
Thanked by:
If your screen colours are screwed up, use tones of grey rather than colour.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]