Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT][PLAYABLE][PAUSED]Megaman Final light
Story (WIP):
Intro level:
In 21XX the Megaman wakes up in an cryogenics lab in the ruins of an ancient city. After wondering around the lab he eventually finds his way to the outside. when he attempts to leave he is attacked by a large telly bomb. He defeats it but is ambushed immediately after, losing his memory.

Planed features:
*A Megaman zero 4 style map for selecting locations.
*Unlockable characters: (Zero, Ashe, etc)
*24 stages

Demos:
V0.10
V0.11

Screens (The ones on the right are the current ones):

Thanked by:
With the images you've shown us the level design looks really uninteresting and bland.
Thanked by: ThePortalGuru, Maxpphire
Changed the layout for the first level:
The last image is from a cut scene after you beat the boss.

Edits:
*redesigned tiles for first level(60%)
*added a new enemy.
*added a second variation of the telly bomb.
*added gravity switching (floor/ceiling).
*DEMO(first post)
*added cut scene after boss

Thanked by:
Mildly better, but still seems to be lacking a little something. Keep in mind that you don't want the design to feel too empty, but at the same time, too cluttered is a bad thing.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Maxpphire
All I have to say about it, is that the Giant Telly needs more work, it just doesn't have the "Mega Man" feel to it. Have you looked at a normal Telly's sprite and used that as a reference?

Plus the spikes at the bottom of the telly could use work, too. And the background tiles could use more livelyness, it's as almost a generic blue background as any other dime a dozen MM fangame out there.

Sorry if I sounded harsh or anything, just throwing ideas out there.
Thanked by:
(11-08-2010, 10:28 PM)Gaia Wrote: And the background tiles could use more livelyness, it's as almost a generic blue background as any other dime a dozen MM fangame out there.

protip for final light: most modern megaman games (9, 10) have black backgrounds

try it for now it might help to give the game some much-needed megaman

then, worry about background tiles i.e. stars or something
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I didn't know about the black backgrounds. And about the telly bomb, the AI and sprites were a little rushed and have improved slightly already. Also about the tiles, they are in the middle of there third revision as I have begun replaying the older megaman games to try and get the feel right.

Gaia Wrote:Sorry if I sounded harsh or anything, just throwing ideas out there.
Not really. The way I see it, criticism will probably be one of the biggest things that point this game in the right direction.

Thanked by:
Sorry for the double post.

New demo:
V0.11
changes:
  • Ashe(model a) is available as an unlockable character.
    NOTE: Ashe will not be as easy to obtain in the next demo. This is only a PROOF OF CONCEPT.
  • level layout and tiles have been over hauled...again.Tongue
  • Pause screen added.
Criticism is welcome. Also, any takers for the artists position? I'm still working on the background tiles.

Thanked by: