Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pixel art by Fou...
Video 
Ok uh.... Hello, I'm Fou.
And I will show the sprites and pixel art that I made ...

[Image: fluffballon.png] [Image: kirbyballon.png] [Image: metaknightballon.png] [Image: keeby_ball_by_fou_mage-d2yryvr.png] [Image: red_kirby_ball_by_fou_mage-d2yryy5.png] [Image: waddle_dee_ball_by_fou_mage-d2ys1l9.png]
Prince Fluff, Kirby and Meta knight, Waddle dee, yellow and red Kirby

[Image: efrite.gif]
Custom Efrite from Kirby Dream Land 2

and you can view other Kirby pixel art in my gallery on Deviantart :
http://fou-mage.deviantart.com/gallery/#Kirby

[Image: kabuallpixel.png]
Custom Kabu from the anime Kirby (yes, I made this with phototshop..).

[Image: Mecha_Dragon_II_Head_by_Fou_mage.png]
A custom head of Mecha Dragon from Megaman serie

That's all i made now ...
I hope to have post on the good forum ...
Sorry if I still have not followed the rules, I do not speak English very well ...
Thanked by:
I thought Kirby had arms and shoes.
I also thought Meta Knight had a mask, cloak, shoes, arms, and a sword.
I mean, you just took a circle, shaded it like a ball, then put the features of each on said ball and colored it. The lines are jaggy. I mean its seems like you used the circle tool. These don't seem like they took all that much work, but whatever.

Photoshop textures != pixel art. The thin lines look very weird on Kabu, and I can't discern their purpose.

In fact, the lines on all of these are pretty jaggy, and the shading isn't really all that interesting on any of these.
好love好
ref=Comrade>/Bk/C2B/Gors,1,2//Sploder/
ref=Nindo>/Apk/Bk/Green//unno/
misc>/Diogalesu/
[Image: fFrame1Big.gif][Image: Frame1Big.gif]
[devart]
Thanked by:
i like your efrite! it needs more work but i like the animation! Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
indeed, for the various Kirby, I wanted to be like in Canvas Curse, or as an avatar.
but if you want the foots and arms

[Image: Kirby_portrail_by_Fou_mage.png]
Kirby

[Image: Waddle_Dee_by_Fou_mage.png]
Waddle dee
[Image: kirby_the_dream_battle_title_by_fou_mage-d30qjkh.png]
Thanked by:
everything is really rough and you appear to have no grasp over the depth of a ball
which is strange because
you know
You really need to learn about anti-aliasing, and adding extra shades on the kirby stuff would be nice considering how big these are. Quite a bit of your lineart seem lazy and unrefined. If you're going to work at this size you need to be committed to making your lines correctly and not wobbly.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
The main thing I noticed about Kirby with arms and legs was that the outline on the top is thicker than on the bottom. This gives an illusion that the top is darker than the bottom.
Thanked by:
(10-27-2010, 04:40 PM)BynineB Wrote: The main thing I noticed about Kirby with arms and legs was that the outline on the top is thicker than on the bottom. This gives an illusion that the top is darker than the bottom.

Try again.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Cobalt Blue, Cshad
the dragon head is pretty bad. what's with the random pixel stretching?
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
if you're going to make cel-shaded stuff, you'd either a) antialias the hell out of it or b) discard pixel art and vectorize it instead.

right now it looks really rough and unrefined. not to mention, there's nothign particulary impresive on said sprites, not just because of said jagginess and the shading issues that cure for cancer mentioned, but also because i have the feeling you're compensating lack of originality with size.

in the case of the mirro'ed dragon head with the sprite rip of willy on it not maching the (again) lack of antialiasing wich also uses the original colors of the original sprites

yeah, try harder.
Thanked by: Iceman404