Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[GAME][IN DEVELOPMENT]Alone Salvation
[Image: logo-1.png]
(sorry about the white logo, I made it for my site which has a dark layout)
Info:
Alone salvation is a Quake 2 mod I'm making, I'm designing the levels in QuArK and modifying the source code in C++,

Basically, it's a run and jump frantic(Like Quake), only now it follows a entirely new story(which is not related to Quake in any way).

The game will be freeware, so no need to worry about paying(Besides having to buy Quake 2 if you don't have it).

What is Alone?:
Alone is a horror shooter that follows different people(depending on the game), Whom are merely pawns being controlled by creatures called Sledge, whom wish to destroy all of humanity.

Story:
Your name is Genesis, That is the only thing you remember after awakening in a dark room, The only defense you have is a pistol, your angry and want answers, you set off into the darkness of the corridors for the truth, no matter how dark it is.

[Image: 1.png]
[Image: 2.png]
[Image: 4.png]
[Image: 3.png]

T-shirts and other stuff:

I plan on maybe selling some t-shirts and other little things.

Any questions?
-Current project-
Alone Salvation
Thanked by:
The premise and current screenshots seem pretty bland at the moment, IMO.

I don't know what it is about it, but the design just doesn't seem like anything spectacular. What really makes a horror game is good design.

If you could upload some gameplay from it, maybe I could get a better idea of what the game's actually like. Based on the screenshots, I'm not seeing to much that sticks out to me as interesting.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
(10-26-2010, 06:16 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: The premise and current screenshots seem pretty bland at the moment, IMO.

I don't know what it is about it, but the design just doesn't seem like anything spectacular. What really makes a horror game is good design.

If you could upload some gameplay from it, maybe I could get a better idea of what the game's actually like. Based on the screenshots, I'm not seeing to much that sticks out to me as interesting.

Yeah, I'm not very far into it thus far, Started a few days ago, what you saw was just a alpha of the first room of the first level. As for video...Eh..I can't really make one, Don't have any good recording programs. But if I do upload one I'll post a link to it.
-Current project-
Alone Salvation
Thanked by:
Cool beans. I do think this game has some potential.
Thanked by:
Here's a video, It has no sound however(although I did place a song in it),

(video is rather bad quality)
-Current project-
Alone Salvation
Thanked by:
Still not too big a fan of the current design. But I know this is an extremely early build, so I'm sure it'll go through a lot of changes.

And I'd ditch the strobe effect in the one room. It's more distracting than it is a cool effect.
Thanked by:
this is stiiiill in such an early development stage is hard to say anything to it besides it just being an attempt of a quake2 mod.

you should work, first, on getting concept art and some plot-stuff to actually show what will make this different from, you know, another quake 2 mod.
Thanked by:
To be honest, Alone was never mean't to actually be a Quake 2 mod(Since I actually have plots for most of the games), but since I had Quake 2 installed and it's source code and what not by my side, I thought it would be a good way to learn some things about C++.
-Current project-
Alone Salvation
Thanked by: