Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Chainsaw
in the lack of a more attractive name

here's the WIP stages on how i did it. although there's not much science behind it, considering it was done using spare parts and mostly scrap metal from my workplace last friday(when my boss gave me the day for free out of curiosity on how i was going to do this).

the first step was the most important one, and it was basically the blade. at first someone sugested that i should use wood to make the chainsaw, but i knew it would look way too fake(and actually i did wanted to use steel for the whole structure, a mistake i'd regret later)
once i had the blade's edge rounded, i proceeded to cut two more pieces that would work as the main frame of the chainsaw, where the blade would be mounted between them. quite an easy task considering that i had all the tools i could ever need)
this isnt as cool as it should be. but it speeded up the process of getting these two rectangles at the exact size i needed them.
at this point i had to ask help in the process of welding the roller chain i got from an old bike to the blade. at first i tried to use duct tape to keep the chain in pace while i worked on it, but since its links were so fragile i kept melting them before i could get a clean result.
i didn't bother to check if the blade matched the size of the frame. hopeffully i could fix that later by adding another small piece of metal on top of it. and it did looked nice so welp. it was the last thing before adding the front and back grips wich were basically aluminium tubes conected to the main frame.
then, as soon as the whole structure was ready, i gave it a layer of anti corrosive black paint and left it to dry for a few hours and just added the red paint when i was at the meeting point the next day(although that was just me being an attention whore)
and voila, a fake full metal chainsaw imitation was born out of my bare hands. it looked nice, people loved it, and i got what i wanted thanks to it: making a chainsaw like i always dreamed i would do, proved that i could built things out of scrap metal if i wanted, and all the media and rest of the zombies's attention on me.
that's cool

but you're horribly disgusting as a zombie

which is the point but w/e
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue
This is awesome I have a sudden urge to shoot you in the head repeatedly. o/
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue
Well I guess the result is acceptable
Thanked by: