Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Revy custom model.
Hi.
I made this custom model and I want to share it.
What you are going to do with it is up to you.
As long I get the credit for the model.
Anyway a preview:
[Image: revypreview.jpg]

Update: Icon: [Image: revyicon.png]

And link Revy

Note(s): The file include: Original Blendfile (Just in case), .obj file, .dae file, textures, and the preview pic. This is a .RAR file, about 1.79 MB in size.
This was suposed to be a UT3 character mod.
Thanked by:
Okay well a few things. First things first, I've said this before and I'll say it again: post custom stuff in Model Discussion! I'm going by the same rules here that TSR had in place for sprites and for good reason.

Especially with humanoid characters there are often a lot anatomical things people tend to get wrong. On your character in particular the first thing I noticed was how the hip area seemed disproportionate to the rest of the body. I"m not the best with this stuff, but I can tell you right now that its off. I'd post a picture, but its hard to find a good picture of female anatomy without getting explicit.

This is still sort of the same issue, but that area also looks too small compared to the upper body. Its almost like you put a child's pelvis area on what looks to be an otherwise adult figure because of how small it looks. The hair looks a little odd from your picture, but I'd have to see it up closer to say exactly why.

Now for the minor issues. Textures could be done much better. Its not a huge issue, but more realistic textures can really improve the quality of a 3d model. You didn't say what game this character was from which certainly would have helped.

And with that, I'm going to move this to the Model Discussion forum since I can't say I deem it ready for submission. I will say you're probably far better than I am when it comes to modeling characters at the moment, but that doesn't mean I don't know what a well done character model looks like.
Thanked by:
Ops wrong forum.
Thanks for pointing out "wrong stuff".
The texture was supose to be simple since I can't hande photoshop (Or any other image editing programs.)
Female antonomy, As you said it's hard to find any really good.
Thanked by:
Well, I said forum friendly dude. There's certainly a lot of it without that restriction. Its just that most good examples aren't things I'd feel comfortable posting on a forum that for all intensive purposes is PG-13. Thankfully for us, we live in an age where finding information on basically ANYTHING is just a Google away. Speaking of that, try looking at this page: http://ratcreature.livejournal.com/175099.html

Its just some random drawing tutorial I found through a quick Google search, but it still seems to give you a good idea on how that kind of stuff ought to look. Sure it won't give tips on modeling it, but it should be a fairly good reference on how that kind of stuff should look. Its family friendly by the way.
Thanked by: