Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question About Requests
I know I can't request anything until 20 posts, but can I at least RESPOND to requests? You know, like somebody who can't transparent needs quick help?
Thanked by:
(10-03-2010, 08:30 PM)Demilynx Wrote: I know I can't request anything until 20 posts, but can I at least RESPOND to requests? You know, like somebody who can't transparent needs quick help?

There's no rule against helping someone with a request, you just won't be able to post in the Requests forum until you have 20 posts. You'd just have to send them a PM explaining that you want to help.
Thanked by: Maxpphire
That is the admitted the disadvantage to the Request system, but it's a small price to stop people from signing up just to request.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I know in IPB at least, you can set permissions for that kind of thing.

As in, you can't START threads until you have X amount of posts, but you /can/ post in them.

Is that possible on this board system?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
is this really that big of a problem though?

i mean, does your posting rely so heavily on simply fulfilling requests that you're unable to make any relevant comments in the other areas of the forum until you've reached 20 posts? 20 isn't even close to being a completely unobtainable number, just dealing with the limit seems like a much more acceptable limit than trying to figure out how to let people post in the requests board without allowing them to make threads there

and there's the problem of people (because you know they will) posting in others' threads just to say something along the lines of "hey this is a good request allow me to make one myself and attempt to completely derail this thread" or "hey i cant make a new thread here so im just going to take a huge shit on this one and make my request here"

yeah, you can warn/ban them but it's infinitely simpler to just keep everything the way it is
Thanked by: Nindo, Maxpphire, Lexou Duck
True.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: