Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Force 1 & 2
Dragon Force has already been extensively ripped by numerous people. Two of the biggest contributors of note are DarkWolf of Pixel Warehouse and FaustWolf, who's working on the Dragon Force II translation (slowly) and helped crack the offsets in the sprite sheets. I contacted both of them about collaborating for a definitive Spriters Resource addition. If anyone else has started working on it, contact me either with private message or in this thread.
Thanked by: Ton
It's not that I'm trying to get other people to rip the game for me. It's that I don't want to rip sprites that have already been ripped. I'm sure these have been ripped already, but they were just so damned easy to rip that I had to do it tonight just to fall asleep.
(I don't have a section icon ready yet, so I haven't officially submitted this yet)

EDIT: Well, I guess really it all comes down to just Dragon Force II sprites. I've messaged Fenrisul, who wrote up the program Dragon Force Sprout for ripping sprites and stuff. He tinkered around with another program called Onion and extracted a ton of files. Since they're just application-assisted rips, they're technically public domain, but I'm waiting for his permission before I start compiling them. It seems like there might be some sprites still missing that I'd have to work on anyway. But needless to say, the sprites have been ripped for over a year now and I'm just now finding them. I shed a tear last night out of shame for my slowness and out of joy for finally getting what I'd always wanted.

And Tile Molester sucks at ripping non-sprites from Saturn games. Seriously, wtf!

[Image: sat_df1items.png]
Thanked by:
Without editing Teris' sprites whatsoever just yet -- meaning I haven't shifted them left/right at all, just copy/pasted them into the sheet -- she is obviously standing still in her idle animation. But in the game she's wiggling back and forth. Even Body002.grp shows she's obviously supposed to be standing still. And no, it's not a case of one sprite being smaller or bigger than the others and needing to be translated in the game. The sprites are very clearly meant to be in the same location.

Either J-Force or Working Designs did some weird stuff with the sprites. From afar (meaning YouTube), it looks natural enough, but at the sprite level the animations they have her doing in the game itself are so illogical!
Thanked by: