Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How do I turn off anti-aliasing in Windows 7 (Solved)
So ya, I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 on it, and I need to turn off the anti-aliasing so I can make clean fonts for the icons for the site in Paint. Anyone know how? Thanks!
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
You'll have to use the XP version of paint.
I can upload it for you if you want, but i never uploaded a program before..
Where can i upload to?
this is a sig

Thanked by:
(09-22-2010, 06:41 PM)Woppet Wrote: You'll have to use the XP version of paint.
I can upload it for you if you want, but i never uploaded a program before..
Where can i upload to?

Mediafire.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
Ok, thankyou, here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eccddgaqcx7vs5d
this is a sig

Thanked by:
Oh, but I'm already using XP Paint.
Thanked by:
That's odd. I'm on windows 7 and it doesnt do that to me.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
(09-22-2010, 06:57 PM)Woppet Wrote: That's odd. I'm on windows 7 and it doesnt do that to me.

Usually font is always aliased.

Unless you're actually using pixel fonts, like ripped from a game or something.

Or try this:
[Image: asase.png]
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
No, that's not it either. Here's an example with the standard Verdana 7 icon font.
[Image: 44129206.png]
Thanked by:
looking around on google i'm thinking there's not an option in 7. try using the icon maker?
Thanked by:
Well I remember being able to do that in XP, but I forgot how though. If there's no other option, I may as well stick with the Icon maker. No big deal really.
Thanked by:
idk about XP but on vista you right click computer, properties, advanced system settings, advanced and then visual effects..
Thanked by:
(09-22-2010, 08:32 PM)Rhymey Wrote: idk about XP but on vista you right click computer, properties, advanced system settings, advanced and then visual effects..

Same thing on XP, so I'm guessing it's the same on 7. It might be "Clear Type" for you, right? Change to the other one.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
It's actually different on 7, but lets ignore that problem for now.

Anyway, while we're on the subject of Paint, here's another yet more serious issue I'm having. Sometimes whenever I try to save an image in Paint, I often get this:
[Image: teamjk.png]
Whenever that happens, it deletes my work entirely leaving a completely blank image. Absolutely nothing! Nada! And no way of getting the complete image back, unless I select all and copy, but that won't always help me since this usually happens whenever I try to save. Is there anyway, of preventing this for future projects?
Thanked by:
When you upgraded to Windows 7. Did you choose the option to keep all your programs and files?
I did that once and found the whole OS to be very buggy.
Just random little things like that.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
It never gave me the option. It happens to anything I save. This includes pictures saved on my memory stick and just anything new.
Thanked by: