Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
cave + tiles + gray
[Image: demonsoulmount_-_bg_cave3zzz_closedrockzxxxxsssn.png]
doing tiles and some minor bg work for requiem. still pretty WIP.

C+C
Thanked by: Proton, ThePortalGuru
(09-20-2010, 05:15 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: [Image: demonsoulmount_-_bg_cave3zzz_closedrockzxxxxsssn.png]
doing tiles and some minor bg work for requiem. still pretty WIP.

C+C

The column looks sorted of stuck in and doesn't blend in enough, unless that's just because it's WIP.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
I think the background of the cave at the first part could be a little more constrasted, right now its hard to distinguish the varying depths you are trying to convey.
好love好
ref=Comrade>/Bk/C2B/Gors,1,2//Sploder/
ref=Nindo>/Apk/Bk/Green//unno/
misc>/Diogalesu/
[Image: fFrame1Big.gif][Image: Frame1Big.gif]
[devart]
Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM
i know the checkerboard pattern is just a placeholder but it actually looks really cool imo
Thanked by:
(09-20-2010, 05:15 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: [Image: demonsoulmount_-_bg_cave3zzz_closedrockzxxxxsssn.png]
requiem

Wait, Requiem? Is that a game of sorts?

Any rate, loving this style. Keep it up.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
Requiem has been his pet game project ever since i've seen him on PT.
This is great, excellent stuff. I agree with nico on the cave depths.
and the column needs its hard shadow to go --> \ instead of vertical.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Quote:I think the background of the cave at the first part could be a little more constrasted, right now its hard to distinguish the varying depths you are trying to convey.
i'm not really trying to convey that much depth; so if I do do anything with it (this depends on how it looks in-game), don't expect too much. I have been toying with replacing some of the dithering with flat color, though.

Quote:Wait, Requiem? Is that a game of sorts?
yes.
super metroid + castlevania + prince of persia (original) + demon's souls + demon's crest + nosferatu, basically. kind of.

Quote:and the column needs its hard shadow to go --> \ instead of vertical.
Shit, you're right. I didn't even think of that.

[Image: demonsoulmount_-_bg_cave4zzx.png]
haven't done too much, but I've done a bit more in the cave background and I also tried to edit the shadow on the pillar at the last second. I'll touch on that later, though.

Thanked by:
looks good, personally i'd cut the colour count and make things less blurry, but you've managed to capture a damp and dark atmosphere so idk Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
the problem I see with the column is that it stands out too much from the floor

the way I see it is that it's either

a) what we're seeing is a cutaway of the area, and the bottom of the column is actually INSIDE the floor.
b) the column is in front of the floor, relative to the viewer

I can't tell if it's supposed to be a foreground object or what.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I was trying to have it be just in front of the floor, but I was having issue showing that and the entire process became too long so I ended up moving on, post-poning it to be addressed later.

i'm not really sure how to show it under these circumstances. although i haven't played with it in a while, either.

I might even just get rid of it. might make for something a little smoother.

Quote:looks good, personally i'd cut the colour count and make things less blurry,
the blur is probably more due to excessive dithering in the background rather than color count. the color count when read literally is a bit deceptive; most of the excess colors (beyond maybe, 15-17) are just variations on an existing shade except used in a different context, like in the background as opposed to the tiles. I
Thanked by:
if you could put it on top of the floor, I think it would look better.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
but then wouldn't it look like its just a pillar in your way?

(no paint or anything atm, so I can't play with it until I get home)
Thanked by:
metroid and castlevania? ugh that sounds terrible

it looks like it's raining in the cave
Thanked by:
[Image: demonsoulmount_-_bg_cave4zzzzxxxxxdisplay.png]
i made some mprovements to the stuff that's already there, also started the ceiling but I hate the shit out of it
haven't touched the pillar
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
make the ceiling more varied in height, get some more tiles in; the pillar seems quite of place now, actually. also break up that "pillar" in the cave background, it looks out of place. keep the updates coming!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: PrettyNier