Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF7 High Detail Models Project (Tifa Finished Working on Aerith Now)
Okay then I'm continuing this seen as I had success with Tifa and I plan on doing more characters for FF7. I'd release Tifa now but I would like to wait at least until I finish Aerith before I release her so I can have at least 2 models to release at the same time.

Anyway I'm making this a project thread now. So if a mod would please move this to the model projects section I'd appreciate it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerith: (9/20/10):

Starting today I'm beginning work on Aerith. I haven't even begun chopping her up yet into the necessary pieces for FF7. But I'll get to that soon enough. So far I've made some decent progress towards recreating her FF7 look. Though I would like opinions on it to know what I should change or improve.

[Image: AerithWholeWip2.png]

I haven't actually textured her arm bands yet but that will be done soon.

So any suggestions?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tifa (9/16/10):

You can download the FF7 Files to use this model in FF7 here: http://zerox.3dn.ru/load/tifa_battle_mod..._7/1-1-0-1

[Image: Tifa4a.png]

Hey everyone, I'm working on a custom Tifa model for use in FF7 because I had High Detailed Cloud and Barret models and the low poly Tifa just looked out of place next to them. So I decided to dive into the supposedly terribly complicated world of FF7 modding. We'll see how that goes but whether or not I get the model actually in FF7 is unimportant as the main focus is just the creation of the model at the moment.

[Image: ff7tifa.png]

So what do you guys think? How does she look so far and should I add any details?

I'll admit I've been on a side tangent since I found my FF7 PC disks but I'll get back to Tatsunoko and the hands of impending doom soon enough.
Thanked by:
(09-16-2010, 08:34 PM)Zerox Wrote: Hey everyone, I'm working on a custom Tifa model for use in FF7 because I had High Detailed Cloud and Barret models and the low poly Tifa just looked out of place next to them. So I decided to dive into the supposedly terribly complicated world of FF7 modding. We'll see how that goes but whether or not I get the model actually in FF7 is unimportant as the main focus is just the creation of the model at the moment.

[Image: ff7tifa.png]

So what do you guys think? How does she look so far and should I add any details?

I'll admit I've been on a side tangent since I found my FF7 PC disks but I'll get back to Tatsunoko and the hands of impending doom soon enough.

sweet. i can see parts of the KH tifa model in this one. especially the face. she looks great! the only major part of the Final Fantasy VII 1997 tifa design is the dolphin tail hair shape. if u have that u are set to go!
I got both the ff7 and AC playart tifa models, so it looks really good in comparison to them...if u ever want to do one on the AC model, heres a secret on the model that is only seen in one shot on the movie... tifa has a ring on her right hand in AC, the ring has the Cloudy wolf insignia on it. i'm planning on cosplaying as tifa for A2F this year so i gotta get it right. XD
Thanked by:
Ah I see what you mean by the Dolphin ended tail in her hair. I've just got her hair ending at the middle of her back. I'll see what I can do about that.

[Image: af_ff7_tifaex1.jpg]

Thanks for the advice. Also no need to quote my entire post. XD

Edit: Oh and yes you are quite right that the face is from the KH2 model. Only with an entire skin tone change. =)
Thanked by:
her AC hair is really differnent then her 1997 ffVII hair, mainly because they shortned it for easyer animation. they also darkened her hair almost black in most scenes, as aparently black is easyer to animate as well. teh earing might want to be changed...i don't know why she has that one in KH2...she dose'nt have it in AC or ff7....
what does the barret model look like? is it AC or FF7? if he looks more like Mr. T thats ff7, if he's got cornrows that would be AC.
he does appear in KH2 but in name only with a default shop keeper as a model.

oh if u make a ff7 yuffie model, use the KH1 model as the base, the KH2 model is more or less her AC model.
as for nanaki/Red XIII.....er i supose u could use a model of Nala as a base then add in the extra parts such as the hair and bangles.
a model of Caith is kinda tricky, you would have to recreate the cave mog he rides on...which unfortunatly has'nt been seen in model form since FF7. u could just use a moogle and edit it a little and make it fat...er...
need any more help just give meh a ring!
Thanked by:
The earing on the model isn't from KH so no issues there. The Barret model is in the FF7 style it looks great. But I've yet to try ripping him to see if he has real textures. T.T

I've already got plans for Yuffie as well. I think I may use the head of the KH1 model that may be it. I haven't quite decided. And yes I'm well aware that KH2 sported the AC style. Common knowledge.

I do appreciate the thoughts on other designs. Though I will probably only do Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, and maybe Cid. I don't have any other plans for characters at the moment. And those will all only get done if my interest in this continues. A large part of why I'm doing these is to use them in FF7. If I'm unsuccessful in that goal with Tifa I may not continue.

Edit: Here's a couple of different angles with some changes.

[Image: ff7_tifa_3d_model_by_real_zerox-d2yvqq2.png]

Due to suggestions elsewhere I increased the size of her shoes a tad, her chest, and I also did the dolphin tail hair to some extent that you suggested. Although I'm thinking of redoing it with actual polygons rather than the flat transparent texture stuff.
Thanked by:
Ah, very nice going there Zerox. Even if this doesn't make it as a mod, it's still a nice model none the less. Only real suggestion I say is to indeed make the dolphin tail polygonal as this will get it right without too much worrying (similar to how others do it like Peach with her side swoops in her hair). Lastly, make the hairband smaller and tighter. It seems a bit loose and looks like it might fall off. Other than that, nice work. You must be a talented modeler to do the work you do. Keep it up Big Grin
Thanked by:
It seems to me that the general opinion is that I should shrink the hair band. So I'll go ahead and do that. I'm definitely in agreeance Novax the hair needs to actually be polygons. I can't stand its current look the more I look at it. I did it this way initially just as a concept test so I had a rough idea what I wanted. I appreciate the compliment but there is still tons I could learn. Not quiet at the professional level yet. Though maybe someday.
Thanked by:
Something I should also point out - Red tips on her dolphin tips. Not many people remember that.

But damn dude, this is awesome.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Yeah, it's quite badass.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Just saw this today and damn, that's some nice stuff! The model looks really professional. Pretty much everything I'd want to say about it has been mentioned except that here shirt could maybe do with a bit less wrinkles.

I'd love to see how this looks ingame when you get to that point.
Thanked by:
(09-17-2010, 03:37 AM)Dazz Wrote: Something I should also point out - Red tips on her dolphin tips. Not many people remember that.

But damn dude, this is awesome.

Ah okay it's a very minor detail that I'd failed to notice but looking at this official artwork of her it's quite obvious: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...ra_art.jpg.

Thank you Dazz.

(09-17-2010, 10:20 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Yeah, it's quite badass.

Thank you.

(09-17-2010, 11:14 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Just saw this today and damn, that's some nice stuff! The model looks really professional. Pretty much everything I'd want to say about it has been mentioned except that here shirt could maybe do with a bit less wrinkles.

I'd love to see how this looks ingame when you get to that point.

I like the shirt as is personally maybe it's just a personal opinion thing. The way I see it, they'll be easier to see from a distance with more of them to see since you won't always be able to see them in-game.

I'll be sure to share the FF7 model as well if I get it that far. As well as screenshots.
Thanked by:
Well according to the rules I'm valid to double post to alert you of an update. So I shall proceed with that.

I've done her hair now:

[Image: tifahair.png]

Does this look alright or are there anymore changes I should make?

Edit: I made the dolphin tail a bit bigger and flipped it as it was the other side that was longer on the actual model from the game. I'm not putting up a new screenie just yet though.
Thanked by:
just curl the ends a bit and make them a tab bit longer and you are DONE!
Thanked by:
Yeah I guess they are kind of flat and uncurled. I'll do that and we'll be good. Now the hard part, cutting her up into 25 pieces or something like that because the way FF7 does models is in individual chunks to only 1 bone a piece.

Edit: So I got to break her up into individual pieces like this:

[Image: tifagoboomboom.png]

Edit 2: Well I'm done chopping her into all those necessary pieces. Though I'm not even going to begin converting each one to the FF format yet. I've gotta get some sleep seen as it's 2Cute0am now. But I was in the groove and had to get to at least that point. Sadly I have work tomorrow morning and won't be able to resume work on her immediately. Though I'll get to her as soon as I can when I get home.
Thanked by:
You're chopping her up into pieces? Are you also going to include a full model version of her as well?
Thanked by: