Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 7 (apz Cloud)
Well working as a substitute teacher I never know my work schedule. I got called in both yesterday and the day before that. So for those waiting on these models I apologize. I found my FF7 CD's yesterday for the PC version and so I installed it and started adding all the wonderful mods that exist to get a more full experience out of it.

And as a result I'm here to bring you the highly popular unofficial update to Cloud model done by apz freak.

[Image: ApzCloud.png]

Most websites recommend installing the model when installing FF7 on a newer pc as part of the initial install. It's as close to official as unofficial comes. Tongue

So now I'm here to share this model with you, re-posed to a proper unanimated pose and easily accessible in any of your 3D programs for your viewing pleasure. No longer is he chained to FF7 only.

[Image: apzcloud_icon.png]

Enjoy. I gotta run off to work now I just got called in as I was posting this so I'll see yall later.Wink
Thanked by: Shadowth117
Wow, cool. Any way to get the default models from the game?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(09-15-2010, 01:46 PM)Zerox Wrote: Well working as a substitute teacher I never know my work schedule. I got called in both yesterday and the day before that. So for those waiting on these models I apologize. I found my FF7 CD's yesterday for the PC version and so I installed it and started adding all the wonderful mods that exist to get a more full experience out of it.

And as a result I'm here to bring you the highly popular unofficial update to Cloud model done by apz freak.

[Image: ApzCloud.png]

Most websites recommend installing the model when installing FF7 on a newer pc as part of the initial install. It's as close to official as unofficial comes. Tongue

So now I'm here to share this model with you, re-posed to a proper unanimated pose and easily accessible in any of your 3D programs for your viewing pleasure. No longer is he chained to FF7 only.

[Image: apzcloud_icon.png]

Enjoy. I gotta run off to work now I just got called in as I was posting this so I'll see yall later.Wink

is he going to MMD as well?
oh....O.O

is there a dress version as well?
and can i turn this into a toy like the ray model?
Thanked by:
Well yes and no Tonberry2k. You see the problem is that 95% of the models don't actually use textures but a unique form of vertex shading for the entire model.

[Image: guardhound.png]

And even models that use texture only use them partially. Such as the orignal cloud model the only thing done with textures is his eyes and eye brows. So unless you want textureless models then the answer is no sadly enough. And yeah I probably will do him for MMD eventually as well valforwing. That's a no go on a dress version sorry. And sure go ahead and make another toy that's fine.
Thanked by:
Wow, that's odd. Good job regardless. Big Grin
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Yeah it's a real shame too there is some pretty cool models. But all of them would need a completely new texture and UV map to be anything outside the game. Also ignore the Play in 3D button on the image preview. That's just from the website I uploaded it on to test.
Thanked by:
Nice dude, its up. Oh and in case you didn't see me say it in the other thread, FF7 models like to use vertex coloring INSTEAD of texturing for most of its models which is why you're not seeing them. The only texturing most FF7 models use at all is for the eyes. There may be a special program to get the exact colors used ingame, but I have no clue where you'd find it.
Thanked by:
(09-15-2010, 10:36 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Nice dude, its up. Oh and in case you didn't see me say it in the other thread, FF7 models like to use vertex coloring INSTEAD of texturing for most of its models which is why you're not seeing them. The only texturing most FF7 models use at all is for the eyes. There may be a special program to get the exact colors used ingame, but I have no clue where you'd find it.

I'm unaware of which "other thread" you speak of, but I pretty much posted just that explanation to Tonberry in the post above:

(09-15-2010, 05:30 PM)Zerox Wrote: Well yes and no Tonberry2k. You see the problem is that 95% of the models don't actually use textures but a unique form of vertex shading for the entire model.

And even models that use texture only use them partially. Such as the orignal cloud model the only thing done with textures is his eyes and eye brows. So unless you want textureless models then the answer is no sadly enough.

I appreciate it none the less. I wondered a bit on this considering it was just a highly used mod that typical people couldn't get to the model but I felt it was worthy to be submitted.

Would models of FF7 characters done as character swaps for Jedi Knight Academy (quite high detailed I might add) be something I could submit under custom/edited section? I've got some of them that I already ripped out of a big FF7 mod for Jedi Knight Academy. Would they be acceptable?
Thanked by:
(09-15-2010, 05:30 PM)Zerox Wrote: Well yes and no Tonberry2k. You see the problem is that 95% of the models don't actually use textures but a unique form of vertex shading for the entire model.

[Image: guardhound.png]

And even models that use texture only use them partially. Such as the orignal cloud model the only thing done with textures is his eyes and eye brows. So unless you want textureless models then the answer is no sadly enough. And yeah I probably will do him for MMD eventually as well valforwing. That's a no go on a dress version sorry. And sure go ahead and make another toy that's fine.

OMG! i know that model!!! thats Darknation! *tears of joy*
he's Rufus's pet guard hound! yay!
Thanked by:
Indeed it is Dark Nation valforwing. We must have a FF7 player in the ranks.

Although as I already said he's got no textures so those tears of joy may become tears of sadness as soon as your ready.
Thanked by:
Ok, ok, stop. I get that you're enthusiastic, but you're getting way off topic and spammy. Warned.

It would do to keep on topic in Sumbission threads in future. If you want to talk about videogames; we have a board for that.

Edit: Oh the post was deleted? NVM then.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I'll admit he was a bit off-topic with some of his post, though the portion reguarding his belief in how easy it would be to retexture it. None the less I wouldn't mind if someone answered my question on the Jedi Knight Academy FF7 mod rips.
Thanked by:
welll hope fully i don't end up stepping on people's toes again
http://valforwing.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2b55h5
here is that referance pic i promised.
and thouse Jedi knight academy ff7 mods ARE good, i even once saw a recreation of the shinra building in one video.
Thanked by:
That's a really odd way to go by things to texture models. Maybe it was just easier that way and allowed for smoother gameplay. Off topic, is it me or does that Cloud's face strike an eerie resemblance to SSBM Link's face?
Thanked by:
(09-17-2010, 01:08 AM)Novax Wrote: That's a really odd way to go by things to texture models. Maybe it was just easier that way and allowed for smoother gameplay. Off topic, is it me or does that Cloud's face strike an eerie resemblance to SSBM Link's face?

Putting only single colors on probably uses far less memory than a texture full of a bunch of colors. It probably made it easier for on the rendering as well. Although obviously now neither of those are too big of an issue usually.

And yeah, Cloud and Link have always kind of had that similarity. Link has been around much longer though.
Thanked by: