Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros Brawl Topic
Surprised no one made a topic on this here yet. Wasn't this suppousedly a decent game for disscussion or something?

Anyways, I haven't played the game in awhile, I unlocked everything and I suppose it just got boring after a bit.... It's only fun in multiplayer anyways.
Thanked by:
I feel the same way, I don't have online play and only having my sister to play with isn't enough. We sold it to buy dark cloud 2 and a gameshark, DC2 still isn't here yet and she ordered it on the 17th. >__<
Thanked by:
I enjoy this game. Very Much.

Why did my Wii have to die?

Ike is way to overpowered.

And that's why he's my main. >.>
Thanked by:
Sadly, I don't even have the game yet. I'm still waiting for it. When (and if) I get it, I'll probably be maining ROB and Game & Watch (like I did in Melee).
A lot of people are also telling me this game sucks. Is that true?
Thanked by:
Colton, find the people who told you that, and beat them senseless. Brawl is the best game ever. I play Ness, and Marth.
Thanked by:
I have it, I love it, it's an excellent game, buuuuuuut...It was overhyped

I mean, yes, finally a great Wii game with excellent Wi-Fi

PBR's only useful for it too, but too hard to stay online and noone has it, so I end up facing uber teams, but I digress

I tried at least every character(since they slowed Link Down...), and My favorite and main is Pikachu, the first Smash character I ever used(and switched off of after I started to hate Pokemon, cause I was into fads back then...Obviously that changed and I play what I want now >=D)

Anyway, I recommend this game to anyone who loves a good smash, and to anyone who loves a good old fashioned SideScroller(obviously plugging the SSE)I still play it now, even though since I have it and played it for hours on end, like any game, it got old(even though it's only like 3 Months old...)
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
Hm, I gotta agree, it was overhyped. But it looks like a great game though. People say it sucks for a few reasons though, one of them being no wavedashing. Honestly, I don't see a use for that. Anyway, I could never use Ness all too well. His PK Thunder and PK Fire and PSI thingie were never any use to me. I never really liked his moveset.
Thanked by:
Colton Wrote:Hm, I gotta agree, it was overhyped. But it looks like a great game though. People say it sucks for a few reasons though, one of them being no wavedashing. Honestly, I don't see a use for that. Anyway, I could never use Ness all too well. His PK Thunder and PK Fire and PSI thingie were never any use to me. I never really liked his moveset.
Brawl could have been better, SSE was not that good, but it wasn't bad ether.

I think the Sakurai completely focused to much on SSE, it only lead brawl to start bitting dust, personally I would not mind another delay for brawl so it could show it's true colors, it should of taken at least two months for the final delay. Nu I can't argue with nintendo for that.
Thanked by:
I always use ROB, since hes fast AND his jump rocks

I think people rushed it, and for that i think they could have done more
what they DID do is excellent, but theres so much they COULD have done.

One thing, has ANYONE pulled off one of those comet smash things?
This is my grandson. You two have been rivals since you were babies. ...What's his name again?
Oh yeah, Gary. Sorry, my memory hasn't been the same since I got addicted to Crystal Meth.
Thanked by:
2ndLtHavoc Wrote:One thing, has ANYONE pulled off one of those comet smash things?
If you're refering to a Meteor Smash I hope you're joking. Or, if "comet smash" is some new technique I haven't heard of, someone fill me in.

As for me, I do kinda miss wavedashing and air dodges being able to be DI'd, but overall I did like Brawl more than Melee. Although 64 still reins supreme over both of them IMO

But yeah Brawl will suck for one who has no friends, the single player is bleh. Game's good when you've got three or so friends over though.
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
Heh, still sounds like a great game. One question though, what WAS the purpose of wavedashing?
Thanked by:
Colton Wrote:Heh, still sounds like a great game. One question though, what WAS the purpose of wavedashing?

I didn't understand any of those techniques myself.

I just deleted all my data for the SSE, as there were files everywhere just from my normal difficulty file (I even accidentally overwrote my easy file which was at 98%). I now realized that if you put your data at files 4+, it'll be harder to overwrite.
Thanked by:
whatever, meteor smash. i've never done it, nor have i ever seen anybody do it beyond the example video on the smash website.
course, i dont think i've ever tried either

and whats wavedashing, i've never heard of it
This is my grandson. You two have been rivals since you were babies. ...What's his name again?
Oh yeah, Gary. Sorry, my memory hasn't been the same since I got addicted to Crystal Meth.
Thanked by:
a meteor smash is a simple technique in which you use an attack that plummets your opponent straight down to their death. Pretty much every character has a MS or two and it's usually their dair, but there are other moves with MSes as well

wavedashing is a technique in which you do a short hop then immediately after air dodge into the stage at an angle and slide forward (or backward). Most characters move much faster wavedashing over running, and you can also do tilts or smashes while moving thanks to wavedashing
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
Yeah, I'll agree with the sentiments in this thread. Brawl has a vary tedious 1P mode. Sure there are a wide variety of 1P modes, but many of them take a long while to fully complete (especially if you want to beat every mode with every character). Oh and don't get me started on the rubberband AI in 1P mode. Every so often, enemy AI players act as if you set a higher difficulty than the one you actually set for yourself. Multiplayer is more fun than solo play, but good luck with the terrible online system (random online is really terrible).

Brawl isn't a bad game, but it was terribly over-hyped. At most, I rate this game to be a 8 to a 8.5. The single player and online play is flawed, but multiplayer is a blast.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by: