Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Jdaster64's SMA4 rips
This could've saved some time, I suppose.

At any rate, here are the slightly updated versions of the Various sprites, e-Reader Extras, and Luigi sheets.

Luigi
Sprites
e-Reader

I'll probably start working on a Mario sheet soon.
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by: A.J. Nitro, MoneyMan
Another minor edit, this time to the Tiles sheet, as someone from MFGG informed me I was missing a Muncher palette and the statue from Bowser's Castle.

[Image: sma4_tiles-1.png]

I still haven't gotten started on Mario or the backgrounds yet, but I'm in the middle of ripping something else at the moment, and school's being a pain this week.
Thanked by: Ton
Sorry for the multi-post, but I have a couple more small edits.

E-reader
Enemies

Added the axe from *-04 in the E-reader sheet, and the Bowser statues' laser and the third Muncher palette in the enemies sheet. Man, I wish this "smithuser" who keeps telling me all this stuff is missing would do it all at once. I'm getting sick of these minor edits.

As a sidenote, my other ripping project fell through (apparently it's been ripped on MFGG, at least, for some time now), so I'll probably start on either Mario or the BGs sometime soon.

EDIT: I think I want to start with Mario, but before I do, does anyone know whether those Frog Mario vegetable-pulling sprites, and several of Mario's victory sprites, were ripped or custom-made by Raccoon Sam? I can't find any Mario/Luigi sprites period in NLZ-GBA, so that's out of the question.

YEDIT, yet again: I believe I've found the Mario and Luigi sprite data in Tile Molester, so as soon as I fit some proper palettes to it, I should be good to rearrange as I see fit. I'll probably do a complete overhaul of the Luigi sheet while I'm at it.
Thanked by: Maneko, Ton
What was the other project?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Bowser's Inside Story voices. They're already on MFGG, and much more well ripped than I could have managed. That and I haven't played the game, so I can't really differentiate between character voices and SFX (e.g. I didn't know what Fawful's voice sounded like at all).

As for this project, I'm 95% done with getting Mario and Luigi's sprites out of the ROM; turns out they were simply uncompressed graphics, and as such clearly viewable and rippable from Tile Molester (or NLZ-GBA, given the proper address). Arrangement is underway, and I'll probably put a palette swatch set in the bottom-right corner like in my SMA2 Enemies sheet. Also, I'll still add those few unused poses I found in NLZ-GBA.
Thanked by:
Sounds great. And you can still rip the sounds and submit here. We don't have them. Tongue
Thanked by:
For a variety of reasons, I don't think I'm going to be able to do that. I might still consider it sometime after finishing these last few SMA4 rips, though.
Thanked by:
E-reader
Enemies

A couple more miniscule edits, just palette swaps added in both cases. However, I'm nearly done with the Mario and Luigi sprites, pretty much just palette-swapping left to be done. I'll probably put it/them up tonight.

EDIT: Finally, it's completed! And yes, I put both Mario and Luigi's poses on one sheet. Strangely enough, this is only 150 pixels wider than the Luigi sheet on the site currently, and over 350 pixels shorter!

[Image: sma4_marioluigi.png]
Sheet Icon

I imagine this means that all SMA4 Mario and Luigi sheets on the site now are good for removal. And on that note, my M&L: PiT Hollyjolly Outskirts sheet could stand to be removed as well. It's long past outdated.
Thanked by:
E-reader
Sprites

Couple more additions, the e-Reader has several added tiles and the airship door's animation, and the Sprites sheet has the regular door animation. The most likely reason I missed the doors is because the door animations are stored in uncompressed data, like Mario and Luigi, and don't show up in the tile viewer unless a door's being used in play.
Thanked by:
Very cool.
Thanked by:
Whoa, I had no idea that you posted Mario and Luigi here. I only saw them at MFGG. I guess once this is up, we can delete the other sheets, except for the Map poses, right?
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
I figured as much, seeing as I edited the post, hence the double-post with the small updates today.

So yeah, all of the Mario/Luigi in-level spritesheets are indeed good for removal, and even the map sheets probably could be improved. I know for a fact that there's some unused map tiles, and no sheet as far as I can tell has quite all of the Mario/Luigi poses. I'll probably just add the few unused tiles to your sheet, much like I did with the Pac-Man Arrangement items rip and the NES Dig Dug II rip. In the latter, I could just add the Cape poses to the existing Mario/Luigi map poses sheet.
Thanked by:
That's pretty great stuff, too bad my version of SMA4 didn't have the e-reader stuff and was I think replaced with a language select.

I'm just wondering how much left are you going to rip from this game?
Thanked by:
Besides the minor updates I mentioned in the preceding post, backgrounds are about all I lack. I'll probably be posting those updates before too long.
And here they are:
A.J.'s "Map Tiles"
SonicProject's "Overworld Sprites"

Tried my best to conform to the layout of these spritesheets, no credit required for me in either case.
Thanked by:
I can see that you added the E level icons to my sheet, as well as the coin, but what did you add to the overworld sheet?
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: