Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TUGS - Round 1 - Beginner WIP Thread
I'm being told this is how things worked in the last TUGS, so I'll be setting up a WIP thread for every tier so every contestant can feel free to post their work here and allow their opponents to get the upper hand and do

*just*

a little bit better than what you've posted.
Thanked by:
[Image: mjvjsw.png]

ITT: Needs to get this animated. It looks like more of a beat 'em up style platformer but it fits the necessary requirements none of the less.

I'd hate having to ask this, but how do you animate in Graphics Gale?
Thanked by:
Make sure you have the frame toolbar enabled, and then use that down arrow looking button to add frames
each individual frame has a "..." button that allows you to rename the frame and change the speed
Thanked by:
oh we can use a character we didn't make?
Thanked by:
You can, but honestly
trying something original will get you bonus 'points' regardless of how shitty it actually turns out, as opposed to doing a preexisting character
Thanked by:
You could get bonus points from doing an origional peice? shit, if I would've known.. oh well, there's always next time.

[Image: i5d3ph.gif]

Entry's done, obviously from using Previous' gif animator instead.. but I may have to look on what I did wrong here, or is that a bug in the programming? Oh well.
Thanked by: Previous
I think it's just me, but those frames are all stuck together.
Thanked by: Baegal
(09-05-2010, 01:48 PM)Gaia Wrote: [Image: i5d3ph.gif]

[Image: lol434.gif]

Let me fix that for you.

Thanked by: Gaia
No one said you can't redo your entry, you have an entire week to turn it in!
Thanked by:
(09-05-2010, 02:04 PM)Skink Wrote:
(09-05-2010, 01:48 PM)Gaia Wrote: [Image: i5d3ph.gif]

[Image: lol434.gif]

Let me fix that for you.

Thanks. I'm just new to Previous' animator, that's all. Plus I'm using Vista. Wonder what I did wrong there..

@Track Eleven: I have a whole week to turn it in, so does that mean I can do a little something extra? Nice.
Thanked by:
Here's my first attempt, in both animated and sheet form. Character is some random guy that popped into my head and I can't be assed to design properly. Uses 8 frames in the animation I believe. Probably needs more generally smoothing on the animation, particularly on his right arm (the lower one). Perhaps looks a little too energetic for a platformer, and is a little more like a fighting game, but it still fits the requirements I think.

This contest has lost me most of my free time for today so far.

[Image: tugsround1.gif]
[Image: tugsround1sheet.png]

EDIT: Some more WIPaging! Added a shadow and smoothed out some animation and ting.

[Image: tugsround12.gif]
[Image: tugsround1sheet2.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B], Frario
(09-05-2010, 01:48 PM)Gaia Wrote: Entry's done, obviously from using Previous' gif animator instead.. but I may have to look on what I did wrong here, or is that a bug in the programming? Oh well.
The "undraw method" in the frame options should be set to "restore background" to make the frame disappear when the next one shows up.
I guess I should make that the standard selection for pasted frames! *goestoworkonversion1.1*
Thanked by: Gaia
Previous, I love you.

In other news:
[Image: YpLON.gif]

First draft. it doesn't suck!
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Previous
[Image: 2eg62di.gif]

With animation touch-ups, I think this works now.
Thanked by:
Fuck the haters, I need opinions.

[Image: Ygdhh.gif]

testing out leg anims - is the top or bottom better? (The animation will be much slower upon completion.)
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: