Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pot of Greed
[Image: gif_po10.png]

A sprite version of the YuGiOh! Card (I love teh smile XD)
[Image: stand_14.gif]
Thanked by:
Dude, Pot of Greed is banned from the game. Cut down the amount of shades, and use much more contrast and better colors. The mouth also needs to be much larger. If you did not manage to understand a word I just said, click here.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 07:16 PM)CeeY Wrote: Dude, Pot of Greed is banned from the game.
I don't understand what this has to do with him making a sprite???
(09-04-2010, 07:19 PM)Track Eleven Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 07:16 PM)CeeY Wrote: Dude, Pot of Greed is banned from the game.
I don't understand what this has to do with him making a sprite???
Check the rest of my post?

EDIT: I'm sorry, the card just isn't legal anymore.
Gifts
Thanked by:
the lineart and attention to detail is really good.

But yeah, the colour count it higher trhan it needs to be, and the shading could (and should) be fixed with a better-defined lightsource.

I would reccoment removing all the shades until you have a 'flat' version; and then buiding a new palette (with no more than 4 shades per hue) and trying to shade it a gen with a fixed light source.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I thought it was a grinning grenade.
Thanked by: Gors, Iceman404
Lineart could be a lil' bit smoother in some places.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 09:48 PM)Maneko Wrote: I thought it was a grinning grenade.

I thought so too, until I saw the lips. But still. Cut down the shades and try to add some contrast to it.

Might not work as the best example, but it at least looks fluid enough.

YGO Talk: It's been banned? I thought cards that force the player to discard x amout of cards should be the trick to do away with it. It's what "traps" are for: To counter cards such as this.
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 10:27 PM)Gaia Wrote: YGO Talk: It's been banned? I thought cards that force the player to discard x amout of cards should be the trick to do away with it. It's what "traps" are for: To counter cards such as this.
YGO Talk: It has been banned due to it having no negative effect on the player, and letting them draw two cards.

OP: why did you decide to sprite a forbidden card anyways?
Gifts
Thanked by:
WOW

shut the fuck up this has nothing to do with his sprite
no one cares if the card is banned
Thanked by: Gaia, NightOwl35, Cshad, Shoda, Pik
Try to smooth up some of the jagged lineart just like Gors said. Most important thing is to cut down the amount of shades used.
Gifts
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 10:37 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: WOW

You can say I tried to crit, but got a little carried away. I'll just try this again..

Try to reduce the shades, and maybe add some contrast. You'll find most examples with PSX-Era sprites to use as a reference.
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 10:41 PM)Gaia Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 10:37 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: WOW

You can say I tried to crit, but got a little carried away. I'll just try this again..

Try to reduce the shades, and maybe add some contrast. You'll find most examples with PSX-Era sprites as an example.
Spriting forbidden cards is just as bad as actually having them in your deck. We have an issue with the OP not following the rules of the game. Aside from that, I agree.
Gifts
Thanked by:
Uhm!

spriting=aesthetics=/=a game

if you were looking for something to make your post on-topic then you should've just PMed it

if you added that question to your post because you really wanted to know it's in the first post. He likes the smile. He likes the way it looks. He doesn't care how you feel about it.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
The cards only banned in advanced format

But it doesn't even fucking matter at all ever, we should be helping him with the sprite not dicking around with the card restrictions in a children's card game that really doesn't need to be discussed in spriting discussion.

Please shut up about this d:

[Image: PotofGreedSD4-EN-C-1E.jpg]

Okeydokey. I think you may have made the pot too wide and the face too small; in addition to previous crits, you should try making it look less squished and increase the face's size
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by: StarSock64, Gaia