Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Duke Nukem Forever.
[Image: DNF_Logo.png]
HAIL TO THE KING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUCbflBkIgo

I know what you're thinking, Duke Nukem is neverr coming out. 13 years of doing nothing. Then came PAX 2010 with the Duke Nukem Demo.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10...kem/704001

It's said to come out 2011 for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3

foda Wrote:in regards to regenerating health:

In Duke Nukem Forever, Duke's "Health" is completely removed.

No longer will Duke scavenge medkits and armor scraps. No longer will being extra cautious in a tight spot help.
Instead, his very existence is powered by his own massive Ego.

A shotgun blast to Duke's face is nothing compared to the disgrace he just suffered from the scumbag who shot him.
Only a just and fatal retribution could bring Duke's spirits back up.

By pulverizing enemies, gallivanting with the local ladies, having happy thoughts or taking a leak, Duke can repair his broken Ego.
Even more than that, by displaying his skills without suffering a scratch in a lasting battle, Duke can boost his Ego to 200%, have an Ego trip and ALL BETS ARE OFF.

When ALL BETS ARE OFF, Duke enters a brief fifteen seconds of nigh-invulnerability, enhanced physical traits and infinite ammo.
A whirlwind of destruction and boot prints, Duke has a chance to lay waste to anything around him in any way he pleases.
Regular cannon fodder don't stand a chance against this self-absorbed Duke Nukem, but only Duke at his peak performance could stand against the baddest of the bad.

Screens:
[Image: vi0ZT.jpg]
There's a button for fucking beer.

[Image: 500x_img_1698-w1000.jpg]
Title screen

[Image: 500x_img_1707-w1000.jpg]
Shoot shit up

[Image: 500x_img_1696-w1000.jpg]
Press X to kick a field goal?

[Image: 500x_img_1700-w1000_01.jpg]
Flirt with women.

[Image: 500x_img_1688-w1000.jpg]
Punch shit.

[Image: 500x_img_1685-w1000.jpg]
Draw out plans for your mission.

[Image: 500x_img_1684-w1000.jpg]
Brilliant.

[Image: 500x_img_1689-w1000.jpg]
Beat the boss.

[Image: 500x_img_1677-w1000.jpg]
Take a piss after.

And remember kids, ALWAYS BET ON DUKE.
[Image: dukenukem.jpg]

Thanked by:
I was so fucking excited when I first heard about this.

How does it feel Valve.

Duke Nukem Forever is coming out before Episode 3.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
Yay generic FPS with crude humor.

I honestly don't get the appeal of it. It was kind of mediocre then and it'll be about the same now. Honestly it doesn't seem like it's doing anything to stand out from the crowd or doing anything unique or different that other games like FUCKING BULLETSTORM to make it fun. Sad thing is Duke Nukem Forever is going to overshadow games that will be genuinely fun.

Not to mention the game doesn't even look that funny. A lot of the joke stopped being funny when fart jokes stopped being funny. These jokes probably wouldn't have been that funny in 97. And to make the humor "funny and current" they'll throw in memes that were never funny ever. That's the problem with characters whose humor were silly and childish over a decade ago, it tends not to mature very well.

Honestly if this game was released in 1997 or whenever the hell it was supposed ot be released, no one would care about it today and it would rarely be talked about. There are plenty of other older, more fun games that could probably get a new game and honestly be more fun than this.

For the record, I hope I'm wrong. I hope this is the best game ever because after being on hold for 12 years it fucking needs to be. But the screens and gameplay just reeks of generic. The ego system just sounds like a "edgy" health system honestly.

This game just looks like it's one huge fanservice game for the people on the nostalgia train.

But I don't speak train.

[/bitchrant]
Thanked by:
no health means no challenge.

fuck this game, I wanted a real FPS instead of a generic fps.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 01:31 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: no health means no challenge.

Missing the point.

Quote:No longer will Duke scavenge medkits and armor scraps. No longer will being extra cautious in a tight spot help.

Duke isn't the type of guy who hides behind cover, getting help from teammates. This isn't call of duty. You aren't just another guy in the army trying to shoot the other guys.

You're Duke Nukem. He runs in shooting everything, saying a catchphrase, smokin' another cigar and hopping back into his Monster Truck to go back home and have sex with tons of women. It's the spirit of Duke. He is literally invincible and his only weakness is his ego running dry.

(09-04-2010, 01:31 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: fuck this game, I wanted a real FPS instead of a generic fps.

Sure, I can agree that the demo video was a bit boring and he was in a desert level. The original game had tons of different locations. And I can bet on (no pun intended) Duke Nukem Forever being a great game.

But give me 1 example of a REEEEEEAAALLL FPS. (that wasn't made by Valve.)

Thanked by:
i can hardly contain my indifference

what an average looking game
Thanked by: Gold
It's not a Duke game, it's a generic FPS disguised under the Duke Nukem label. Stop letting yourself be blinded by the truth.
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 02:25 PM)Skink Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 01:31 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: no health means no challenge.

Missing the point.

Quote:No longer will Duke scavenge medkits and armor scraps. No longer will being extra cautious in a tight spot help.

Duke isn't the type of guy who hides behind cover, getting help from teammates. This isn't call of duty. You aren't just another guy in the army trying to shoot the other guys.

You're Duke Nukem. He runs in shooting everything, saying a catchphrase, smokin' another cigar and hopping back into his Monster Truck to go back home and have sex with tons of women. It's the spirit of Duke. He is literally invincible and his only weakness is his ego running dry.

Still what the hell is the point of having such a feature? you could take a huge beating and still manage to beat the game for a sense of irony. That means you'll never die in the game as long as you fuck women in their loose cunts and kill a bunch of fucked up aliens. That takes away the effort from the whole game. I can see where it could be used for alternate endings but to replace health and first aid kits? no. just no.

Plus, this doesn't make it even generic, it just makes it a huge, pussified version of a FPS, you won't even have to bother trying to get yourself to rethink a strategy to get by a part. and that just ruins the challenge of any game.

Quote:
(09-04-2010, 01:31 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: fuck this game, I wanted a real FPS instead of a generic fps.

Sure, I can agree that the demo video was a bit boring and he was in a desert level. The original game had tons of different locations. And I can bet on (no pun intended) Duke Nukem Forever being a great game.

But give me 1 example of a REEEEEEAAALLL FPS. (that wasn't made by Valve.)

Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Wolfenstien 3D, The original Call of Duty (Don't get me started, the first game was fine on it's own, the other games don't matter) and even then though I'm no fan of it, the Halo Series

see, none of those are even a valve FPS or anything duke nukem (including the original platformers) and they're still good considdering how old they are.

I'd also like to add that even if this game happens to have good sales, I doubt it will be any better then it's predecessors.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 02:51 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: It's not a Duke game, it's a generic FPS disguised under the Duke Nukem label. Stop letting yourself be blinded by the truth.
isn't that what literally every duke nukem game is anyway
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 03:02 PM)cute Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 02:51 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: It's not a Duke game, it's a generic FPS disguised under the Duke Nukem label. Stop letting yourself be blinded by the truth.
isn't that what literally every duke nukem game is anyway

Not the first two, those were actually platformers.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: GaryCXJk
still, duke nukem has always been average at best. regardless of how long it took duke nukem forever to come out, i doubt anyone expected it to be truely as great as they claimed it would be. especially not now.
Thanked by:
i hope the dev team have balls of steel and keep on it to release a great game, the ego thing looks fun though very déjà-vu.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 03:12 PM)cute Wrote: still, duke nukem has always been average at best. regardless of how long it took duke nukem forever to come out, i doubt anyone expected it to be truely as great as they claimed it would be. especially not now.

to be honest, I'll disagree with you there

The first two were actually pretty original considdering they were platformers. Sure, they might have not been the best but they were fun for their time.

Things started to get a little sloppy with 3D, it was basically doom reskinned to fit Duke, but at least it's humor and sexual scenes and inuendo divered it from what it was.

This one though just kills what duke nukem could have been, i'm sorry, but about 2 million bucks worth of effort and all we get is a pussified FPS. This isn't what duke nukem should be.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
its only generic because it didn't come out 10 years ago

these days there is almost never a "beyond your average" fps game
Thanked by: Gwen, Omegajak, Vipershark
Who says this game won't be challenging though? If you're not as bad-ass as the Duke, aliens shoot you before you can shoot back. Simple as that. You can't regenerate by hiding like a pussy behind a fucking wall, you regenerate by shooting back.

Fuck, the entire 3D series have been average at best, but you have to admit, those were the best average moments of your entire existence.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by: