Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
IMPORTANT- Attitude issues + forum restructure
Now if you guys haven't noticed, TUGS has started back up and a lot of the old spriter folk from PT have come back for nostalgia sake to enter in this competition. 1up decided it would be a good idea to advertise TUGS not only to get us hopefully a bigger memberbase but to add a little more fun to it.

Funny thing is that, not many other people want to join. A certain website that a lot of members from tSR also go to (and make up a good portion of their member base too) won't even publicly support anything this community does. Why? Well it's not because it is a competitor website of sorts but it's because of the community's attitude as a whole and because of this we are going to make some changes because it is kinda bad when the rest of the spriting community thinks you are the shithole of the community.

Usernames
Please have kid friendly usernames, Nothing offensive will be tolerated anymore. Names like Gnostic Wetfart are not offensive and are allowed but names with swears, derogatory terms, or are sexual in nature will no longer be allowed and we will either change ask you to change your username or change it for you whatever other username you want as long as it fits into what I mentioned earlier. The same goes for your usertitle.

Swearing
While not a big issue here just mainly follow what it says in the rule board "You can swear but not every other word please" we are obviously not asking to censor yourself (because honestly most of us can agree that doing so is pretty stupid.) but we are just basically telling you to think if it is really necessary before you post your post.

Spamhaul
This place might not exist for very much longer. Why? Because if you haven't noticed, it really is more of the shitbucket of this forum and a lot of people's poor attitudes in there tend to leak out into other parts of the forum. Sure we'll keep threads like the lounge and the music thread in other places for you to post in but until you can prove that you guys can at least be civil to eachother it might just be best to end up taking it away for a bit.

If you spam elsewhere on the forums after this is gone then chances are you will get punished. But with getting rid of Spamhaul we are either hoping that you'll shape up and act older then 8 years old or you'll just leave and take your bad attitudes elsewere.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Yes, thank you. People have been swearing like sailors here, at least it will calm things down a bit. Also, I think this will help improve connections between newer members and vets, it's like the whole Indie vs Big Company thing in video games.

Plus it will might show actual examples to newbies that want to post thier sprites right away who don't properly introduce themselves.
Thanked by:
Swearing is almost non-existent as a problem. It's the general attitude around here. On the scale of problems, swearing is way at the bottom.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
yo uh I just thought i'd let you know that theres a typo in the user names part of this. the word "change" that's before "ask" isnt needed. sorry if this is a pointless post
Thanked by: Woppet*, knoneyhotrork
(09-04-2010, 05:20 AM)AJ Games Wrote: yo uh I just thought i'd let you know that theres a typo in the user names part of this. the word "change" that's before "ask" isnt needed. sorry if this is a pointless post

I can type how I want to oldwomanshakingfistonporch.gif
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
(09-03-2010, 11:02 PM)Kat Wrote: If you spam elsewhere on the forums after this is gone then chances are you will get punished. But with getting rid of Spamhaul we are either hoping that you'll shape up and act older then 8 years old or you'll just leave and take your bad attitudes elsewere.

..if you actually enforced this rule, you wouldn't have

(09-03-2010, 11:02 PM)Kat Wrote: a lot of people's poor attitudes in there tend to leak out into other parts of the forum.
Thanked by:
Hi, Rhymey

shut up

this thread is essentially saying HEY WE'RE GONNA ENFORCE THIS RULE NOW
HEY EVERYONE, SPAMHAUL IS GONE.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by: Adam, Iceman404, Woppet*
I don't think removing spamhaul will solve anything as far as attitude issues go.

Sure, it can be considdered a privlege but I fail to see that people will understand that it's the only place you can get away with most of the rules. It's more of the fact that most people don't care whether or not being a massive dickhead will matter because no one in the staff has been giving a shit about up until now, dating back to the decision dazz made to have the site be indiependent.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Rhyme, PrettyNier
by trying to fix a leak you may have caused the pipe to explode

also i surely hope 1up doesn't enforce the attitude rule because that would make him a huge hypocrite
Thanked by:
Serious reply this time:

you're talking about the removal of spamhaul as if it was some split second decision that no one agreed on. Everyone on the staff felt it was necessary, if you guys want to continue being dicks and breaking the rules, go right ahead. Just be aware that you'll be banned fairly quickly
(09-04-2010, 07:27 PM)Keychain Wrote: by trying to fix a leak you may have caused the pipe to explode

also i surely hope 1up doesn't enforce the attitude rule because that would make him a huge hypocrite
If being a hypocrite is what's necessary to change the general attitude of this forum from "EVERYWHERE IS SPAMHAUL", then yes, I will be enforcing it.
Thanked by: gormillurbing
(09-04-2010, 07:24 PM)Track Eleven Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 07:18 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: big post about removing spamhaul being a bad idea

wasn't my point.

my point was that it won't matter if spamhaul gets locked down, people will still have terrible attitudes. I'm aware we're trying to encourage not to do such but in the future will probably have more lu9's and bnewtons, and things could get ugly for everyone, not just the average community, it's going to be much more of a hassle getting rid of every bad egg that will turn out like paul robertson. you know.

one forum =/= the entire board.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 07:31 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [quote='Track Eleven' pid='315074' dateline='1283646272']
[quote='masterofdioga' pid='315070' dateline='1283645916']
my point was that it won't matter if spamhaul gets locked down, people will still have terrible attitudes. I'm aware we're trying to encourage not to do such but in the future will probably have more lu9's and bnewtons, and things could get ugly for everyone, not just the average community.

You... ARE aware we have the ability to warn and ban people, right?
You're still talking about this as if we didn't think it through at all
Thanked by: SefFepWeall
(09-04-2010, 07:28 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: If being a hypocrite is what's necessary to change the general attitude of this forum from "EVERYWHERE IS SPAMHAUL", then yes, I will be enforcing it.

well at least you're honest, but you had an attitude before and after you got mod to just about everyone inside and outside of spamhaul

just saying i hope you plan on improving your attitude as well as all of the members
Thanked by:
(09-04-2010, 07:31 PM)masterofdioga Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 07:24 PM)Track Eleven Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 07:18 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: big post about removing spamhaul being a bad idea

wasn't my point.

my point was that it won't matter if spamhaul gets locked down, people will still have terrible attitudes. I'm aware we're trying to encourage not to do such but in the future will probably have more lu9's and bnewtons, and things could get ugly for everyone, not just the average community, it's going to be much more of a hassle getting rid of every bad egg that will turn out like paul robertson. you know.

lu9 was more or less encouraged to act like an idiot; via both having a board devoted to posting like a retard, and people egging him on (including you; if I remember correctly).

Either way you have to face facts - Spamhaul is officially closed; and absolutely nothing of value was lost. Deal w/ it.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart